You Follow My Rules or You're Out

Lauren's POV

Lauren's POV

"Lo! We're running late, hurry up!" I heard Normani's voice coming from the living room with a hint of freaking out because we're running late already.

The cold water coming from the shower continuously running down in my body along with my tears.

Ashley's words kept playing in my head over and over again. I know I shouldn't think about it and move on to avoid hurting myself but how? How can I move on from someone whom I already picture my future with? I look at Ashley not just my girlfriend but as the mother of my future babies. My girl for a lifetime, my wife. For 3 years, I always picture myself buying my first house, my dream car and building a family with her.

For me, love is not a game. It's an investment. Commitment. The point of dating is not just for trend and for fun. Marriage is the goal that's why it's so hard for me to move forward without Ashley in my life.

"I'm going! I'll see you at school, okay?" I heard Normani grab her car keys before the door shut.

I turn off the shower, wrapped the towel around my naked body and put on my over-size sweater that Ashley got me on my birthday. I walk over to my desk to put a bandage around my knuckle cause I think I injured myself after punching the wall harshly this morning.

Honestly, I don't have any energy to go to school today but I need to. I can't let my personal issues affect my studies, I need to focus.

I grab my bag from the floor and exit Normani's house. I make sure that the door was locked before I hop in and ride my bike. Sophia fixed it yesterday for me though the brake is still broken and the dents around it is still visible.

l arrived at the school half way of our math class. My mind is so
occupied and most of it was Ashley and Noah.

My heart aches terribly.

A loud horn echoed behind me that bring me and my mind back to reality.

"Out of the way, freak!" I took a deep breath when I heard her very annoying voice.

Jesus Christ, give me a break! I thought to myself. And since I'm not in a mood to have a cat fight with her, I stayed silent and do what I need to do. I park my bike on the tree beside the entrance gate of the school before I walk inside when Karla suddenly speak again.

"I'm quite impress that your bike is still working."

I stop at my tracks and look at her with no emotion at all, "I want you to pay me for wrecking my bike."

Karla let out a load devilish laugh, "And who are you to tell me that?"

"I'm not really asking."

"As far as I can remember, I don't pay for a trash."

"For you it's a trash. But for me, that bike that you destroyed means so much to me!"