Let's Make a Wish

Karla's POV

Karla's POV

I left Montauk as early as 5:00 am because I'm going to talk to Margaret that i will never play on that gig because it's not ours in the first place.

I close the door behind me before i carry my bags. Exactly, i saw Lauren about to go to my direction. We both stopped as soon as we saw each other but i didn't mind her and just walk to the right path to avoid her but she also did the same.

"Are you going to walk or not?!" Lauren hissed with a furrowed eyebrows. I just look at her and didn't say anything before i walk away.

I unlock my car and put my stuff on the back before i started to drive.

It took me 6 hours of driving before i arrived at the Cheng Music Co. One of our well known Music company here in Newyork.

"Goodmorning, our new CEO." I stopped from walking when i saw my dad smiling while looking at me.

"CEO?"

My dad nodded. "I saw how intelligent woman you're becoming so we all agreed to give this position to you as early as possible so you can get used to it."

"Wow."

"Don't worry, Margaret is here to guide you. She's the new COO."

I chuckled with a raised eyebrow. "Seriously? a school directress and a COO, isn't too much?"

"I don't have anything to do with it. You know your mom is always in charge in making decisions."

"Yeah, great."

"Besides, you're still young so you need an adult to guide you."

I nodded because i don't have much choice but to accept the responsibility that they put on my shoulder.

"Besides, we believe you can make this company grow even more and make alot of money."

"Yeah." I replied before i continued to walk.

I don't know if i can fulfill this kind of responsibility since I'm still studying but i need to do my best regardless if i want it or not. Because in this family, there's no room for an average person. You should always be strong, wise, and always on top above anyone else because that's how Ama and my mom mold me while growing up.

I saw Margaret talking to Tara and Roger so i knock on the door to make my presence known.

"Can you step out for a second?" I asked as they looked at Margaret that give them a nodd.

"I'll talk to you guys later." I go inside, leaning beside her table with a cross arms against my chest.

"Who told you to get that gig back?"

Margaret raised her right eyebrows while looking at me.

"What's worst is you did it behind everyone's back."