I Kissed You so I Can Have a Practice for the Real Thing

KARLA'S POV

KARLA'S POV

I've been spending most my days at the bar with the girls. Getting drunk and partying almost everyday of my life just to escape the reality I'm living in. Lauren's friends noticed the sudden distance between us and the awkwardness everytime the green eyed girl will start a conversation. There are also plenty of text messages on Camila's phone coming from her that i didn't bother to reply even though i badly want to. I think it's a good idea to distance myself from her and to make her feel that the feelings are not mutual so she can move on. That's the only way i can see to save her from heartbreak and for me to hold on for a month until this competition ends. Besides, I already accepted the fact that we can never be together.

Tonight is another casual/ignoring game for Camila and Lauren. I'm currently at the studio, supervising the check up of their instruments as well as meeting a new client for the gig they have this coming weekend.

I felt my phone vibrates against my pocket, it was Alfredo, the new client saying he's already outside of the studio.

"Ms. Camila, everything is still in good conditions." The music assistant spoke while putting a mark on his paper.

"Um, just change all the parts of their instruments cause the guitar are easily get out of tune and it sounded kinda bad. Just go to my office to get the payment after you finish your work," He nodded as i started to walk away. The light in the studio was already off and the only light that is on was coming from my office. The table where they usually hang out is already empty, "Wait, did they go home already?" I mumbled as i glance at my watch, "Shit!" I lost track of time that i didn't notice it's already 10:00 pm and I'm 15 minutes late already at the party. I slip my hand through my pocket to get my phone, only to find 24 unread messages coming from the girls asking where the hell i am.

"Mila," I immediately lock my phone when i heard Mani's voice.

"Hey, Mani, Hi." I smiled but immediately vanished when i saw Normani's not so good expression on her face.

"Are you busy?"

"Um," I gulped while looking outside. I don't know if i will say yes, I'm busy or no, I'm not but by the looks of it, Mani has a problem and she needs someone to lean on to. "No, I'm not busy. Why? is there something wrong?"

Normani didn't speak. Instead, she walk closer and pulled me in for a hug as a series of sobbed escaped on her lips. "Ssh," I gently caress her back to calm her down, "Come here." I pulled a chair for Normani so she can take a sit before i texted Alfredro that there's an emergency so i can't entertain him tonight.

"Mani, what's wrong?" I asked worriedly while wiping the tears that continously streaming down on her cheeks.

"Why is it so easy for them to make you feel so special and then the next day you're just being dumbfounded by the truth that she has a new girlfriend and you're nothing but a pastime." Normani sobbed, "I was so stupid to ever believed that she will ever see me too."