Chapter 16 If we were a movie

The weekend couldn't have gone by any slower! It was probably partly my fault for jinxing it but I didn't care because it was finally MONDAY!!!!!

Zipping up my duffle bag , I throw it over my shoulder, heading downstairs to wait for Aiden to get here.

I was beyond excited for this week ahead that I barely slept a wink last night - granted that probably meant I'll have to sleep on the road - but at this point , my energy was driven by my excitement.

"You all packed and ready to go ?" Mom says, handing me my shampoo that I so thoughtlessly almost forgot. 

"Yup." I say , zipping my bag up again .

"Remember your manners , though I know you'll have no problem with that. And have fun ! This is what this is week is all about , get to know him a little better and his family too. " Mom said , straightening up my jacket while she spoke.

"But not too much fun young lady ." Dad said , coming down the stairs.

"Oh Mike ,you should know by now that we can trust our little girl." Mom said , playfully hitting dad on the shoulder. 

The sight of a white Jeep Cherokee coming into view makes my heart speed up a little and my bantering parents fall silent . He was here !

"He's here !" I said excited , sounding like a fan girl at a Shawn Mendes concert.

"Okay , calm down honey you don't want to scare him away. " mom said , laughing while she tried to calm me.

I watched as he made his way up the steps while I tried to keep my cool. Smiling brightly,  I opened the door to an ecstatic Aiden letting him inside.

While he carried my bag out to his car I said my goodbyes to my parents, giving them each a hug as he came back standing by my side once again.

"That all ?" He asked in disbelief,  probably thinking that I was one of those girls who had a bag for each day.

"That's it." I say with a giggle as my dad cleared his throat.

"Okay then. Let's say a quick prayer " dad said as we all took hands while dad said a prayer.

We all said a unison "amen" as I said my last goodbyes , walking off to the car with Aiden.

Being the gentleman -that I by now have come to know he is- he opened my door for me before walking over to his side.

Buckling in he turned to me and said ; "you ready? "

"Yeah." I said with a smile,  watching my parents wave us off from the porch as if this was me leaving home forever. 

"I'm going to make this the best week you've ever had ! I have so many plans and activities planned out for us . And I -"

I sat silently as I listened to him ecstatically going on about the plans he had for this week. It was so nice seeing him this happy , this passionate about something for a change. It gets a little easy to forget sometimes that underneath all of that seriousness and doctor coat , that he's actually still a 'kid' wanting to let loose and have fun. I think this has to be my favorite side of him , his goofy side.

"That sounds amazing Aiden,  thank you so much for inviting me . You sure your folks are good with me tagging along? " I said,  not wanting to intrude or be a nuisance.

"Of course they are . Infact,  they were the ones who insisted you come ." He said , as I could see the slight tint of blush appearing on his cheeks. I didn't say anything of course , not wanting to embarrass him about it so I just quietly nod my head and turned my attention back to the road.

The soft melody of Hillsong Young & Free started to fill the car and the next thing I knew , Aiden and I were both jamming out to Love won't let me down , singing on the top of our lungs , me dancing like a crazy lady -since I can't dance - but I didn't care because we were both praising the Lord and being ourselves. There was no better feeling than jamming out in the car and praising God with someone you have a close relationship with. And even though Aiden never made it 'official ' calling me his girlfriend - though I'm in no way in a rush - he still had a connection towards me I couldn't quite explain yet.

When lunch time came around , Aiden took us to this beautiful cliff -overseeing the city below it - laying out a blanket for us and taking a picnic basket out the back.Sitting down next to him , we just enjoyed the nature around us while we ate. Even a while after we had finished, we were still parked at the edge just cherishing this breathtaking moment. It wasn't long after that thought left my mind that I felt something wet on my cheek . Looking up to see if Aiden was crying , I looked up only to be met with a million raindrops attacking my once warm skin , now making it cold and damp.

Laughing at how this took a weird turn in events , I got up and bowed infront of Aiden while he did the same , catching on to what I wanted to do. He then took my hand as we danced in the rain for what felt like hours. This was a picture perfect moment and something I thought only happend in the movies.  But I guess , anyone's life can be a movie if you want it to be.

Finishing our dance we both ran to the car like skittish children , hidding under the safety of the car's roof from the rain drops dancing on our skin. Leaning back , he handed me a towl as I dried off watching him do the same . Our clothes were soaked and my hair was a total mess but there wasn't time to change since we were literally an hour away from their beach house . So instead I wrapped myself in the fluffy towl as my eyes started to droop and I dozed off. It's like my mom always used to say ; stomach's full , eyes closed. It's weird how I only now -18 years later - understood what she ment by that.

Feeling Aiden shake me lightly , my eyes fluttered open as I tried to find him within the darkness surrounding us .

Hearing him chuckle,  the dashlights are soon turned on as I see the yellow light outline the shape of his face. Giving a childish smile up at him , he helps my seat back up as I continued to regain my senses.

"We're here ?" I said , putting my hair up in a ponytail . Not exactly the first impression I wanted for when meeting his parents ; messy ponytail , damp clothes and smeared mascara. Yup,  his parents are so gonna love me.

"We're here." He said with a smile as realisation started to dawn on me. I started grabbing some bobbypins from my bag ,  frantically searching for a brush too as his hand clasped over mine , stopping me. "What are you doing? " he said with a light hearted chuckle.

"I'm looking for a brush and some bobbypins so I DON'T look like a zombie when meeting your parents for the first time."

"What are you talking about? " he said , still displaying that perfect smile.

"I'm a mess Aiden. My hair's all knoted , my clothes are still wet and not to even mention I look like a racoon with my mascara all smudged like this. You're parents are going to think I'm such a dork."  I said defeated,  slumping down in my seat as he took my face in his hands.

"They , are going to love you. I promise. " he said while he wiped my mascara marks clean with his thumb. "You're beautiful " I tried so hard to hide my blush at those words but I guess I was doing a bad job because he laughed - more to himself - and pulled back and got out.

I guess we're doing this then.

Taking a deep breath I opened my door hopping out seeing the most beautiful view of the ocean , the waves crashing softly against the rocks. He really wasn't kidding when he said they had a house ON the beach.

Walking up to steps my heart started to beat out of my chest when he started knocking on the door. Sensing my nerves , I watched as he intertwined our hands with a smile while he mouthed "breathe" And as soon as those doors opened , I knew there was no going back.

Done ! I'm not super proud about this one it's kinda meh to me. But oh well, the next chapter is going to be filled with FUN!!!!! Hope you all enjoyed this,  remember to leave your thoughts in the comment section below. Until next time,  keep howling my wolves ❤🐺