Chapter 36 New House Who Dis ?

It was pure relief when I wrote my very last test EVER. Well , high School test anyway. So now that finals were over Graduation was in full motion and Friday couldn't come any sooner. And not just for the sole reason of me saying goodbye to 5 years of friendships and memories but because of Melody finally coming home ! Logan was just as excited as I was, he was practically counting down the hours.  It was nice seeing him all excited like this . But I mean , how could you not be when someone as sweet and deserving as Melody was coming home ?

"Hey Mrs Parker , my mom wanted me to ask you if you would mind picking her up on Friday from the hospital and bringing her along to graduation? " Logan said a little nervous.

"Of course Logan! Anything for Melody. Would she be going home ?"

"Uh... yes ma'am I think so. Why ?"

"Oh no worries. I just thought if she needed any care she would be more than welcome to stay with us for a little while. "

"That's very kind of you to offer thank you. But I think it's high time I go home too. Can't be relying on you all forever." He said sheepishly while I watched my mom give him a kind smile.

"Oh that wasn't necessary Logan I wasn't kicking you out. But I do understand that you and your mom have a lot of catching up to do. But know that our door's always open to the two of you . Day or night. You're welcome here anytime. "

"Thank you so much for all your trouble." He said kindly while my mom thanked him for his stay and all his help before she went back to doing the laundry.

"So ,got any plans for Melody's return? " I said chomping on a carrot stick.

"I guess I should probably get the house ready. I haven't been there in forever . Probably looks like a pigsty. "He said laughing , rubbing the back of his neck.

"Want any help ?"

"Don't you have any plans? "

"What's better than spending the day with you ? And besides you're gonna need a woman's touch if YOU'RE gonna start cleaning. " I said laughing while he joined in.

"Oh whatever. " he said while I finished my snack , changed into some shorts and head over to his house.

Opening the door it was NOTHING like the last time I was here - since Logan started staying with us  - it looked so abandoned. Full of dust and cobwebs. But it was nothing a little bleach and love couldn't fix.

My first job was to draw open the curtains ,pull them off , wash and replace with new fresh ones while  Logan took care of all the cobwebs and spiders. A job  that always gave me chills. We decided to first tackle the mess downstairs meaning ; living room,  kitchen , dining room and study. And then the bedrooms and bathrooms upstairs .

While I was busy cleaning up in the kitchen Logan decided to mow the lawn and handle the gardening . It was a much bigger job than we anticipated but the look on Melody's face when she sees it will be so worth it.

"okay, all done. Weeds have been taken care of and the grass has been cut. " He said while dusting his hands off on his shorts.

"Great ! I was just about done here too. The Dishes still have a few minutes to go so if you're finished we can start cleaning upstairs."

"I'm on it." He said  leading the way . "For the sake of you and all that's good in the world , I'll handle my own room and bathroom." He said , scrunching up his nose making me laugh.

"Sounds like a good idea. I'll do Melody's room and the guest room. "

"Sounds good." He said , taking some cleaning materials and a bucket before entering the lion's den that is his room.

I polished , waxed and shined up all around her room. Replacing and washing all of the curtains, bedspreads and rugs just like downstairs and all the other nitty gritties like vacuuming and mopping  . And it was safe to say that a hour later I was all done. The two rooms wasn't NEARLY as dirty as I thought it would be , mostly dust than anything. But then again , I WAS comparing my expectations to my encounter with Logan's room so it was a bit far fetched.

Knocking on his door,  I hear him shuffle around before opening it . "Need any help ? I'm all done ?" I said suggestive, lifting my bucket and mop to show him I was serious.

"Already!?" He said surprised making me giggle.

"Yeah silly. How long did you think it would take ? Now do you want my help or not ?"

"Uh... I guess so .Thanks. It's... just not quite there YET ." He said embarrassed, opening the door so I got a better look . I was first surprised that he made this much progress in an hour but I understood when he said it wasn't quite there yet. There was still A LOT of work to be done.

So , taking the lead I started with vacuuming and then making a pile of all the dirty dishes and laundry, taking them downstairs to be cleaned. Putting in a little more elbow grease , we managed to get that room spotless by the end of the day. I'm not sure if his room EVER looked this clean before but I was still proud of our hard work at the end of it all.

"Nice work ." I said giving him a high five.

"Thank you so much for all your help , my mom's going to be so surprised tommorow when she gets home. Oh! That reminds me , I need to remember to pick up some flowers from the florists tommorow morning as her welcome home gift. " he said the last part more to himself as a reminder than to me.

"Well , I think she's going to love it. You did great Logan. "

"Thanks Amaya. Wanna grab a burger on the way home ?"

"Sure . Why not ?" I said with a smile while we locked up and made the drive down town.

I was going to extend this chapter until after gradation too but then it would just get longer. And besides ! This story is coming to an end so might as well put in as many chapters as I can right?  I hope you enjoyed it. Thank you so much for reading ❤❤❤ remember to leave your thoughts in the comment section below. Until next time, keep howling my wolves ❤🐺