Chapter 31 Mr know-it-all

Moving on was A LOT harder than I thought it would be. But I couldn't hide away in my room forever . It was finals week and next week , Prom week. So I had A LOT going on at the WORST time in my life. But was I going to let this define me and get me down? Of course not ! I'm the child of Jesus Christ and in Him I can conquer and do ALL THINGS ! That's been my motivation for the last week and so far , it's made things a lot easier to process.

I mean sure , I'm still hurting but ... I'm getting there. The path to healing is a long and difficult road but in the end it'll be worth it. I'm sure of it.

"So you're sure you're up to speed with those quadratic equations?  You don't need me to go over it a final time ?"

"I'm sure Amaya , chill. I've got this. With your help I'm sure to ace this final. Or atleast B it." Logan said with a chuckle,  opening the exam hall door for me .

"Okay . It's just if you need me to go-"

"Are you , doubting me ?" He said with a fake gasp acting shocked while I shoved him playfully.

"You know what I mean." I said while we took our seats. We were lucky to be seated next to eachother -not that it meant anything or that we would cheat - but it was nice having some company at the BACK of the room. I was almost always seated at the way back of the class and it always felt so cold and lonely. But then again , I'm not one of those extroverted people who loves attention so I actually preferred hiding out in the back where I knew no one could look at me or distract me.

" We've got this." Logan said , interlocking pinkies with me - sort of like for goodluck or saying a silent prayer  - before Mr Duncan said the test was about to start.

And 2 hours later I was relieved to be out of that torturous room with that horrid math test. After today,  I only had Science to still write where as Logan still had Geography and Business Studies. So after this week I could put my FULL attention into finding the PREFECT prom dress - not that I had a date or anything - but it was 2019 , a girl didn't need a date to attend a dance. Girl power am I right? 

"Was it as bad as I thought it was ?" I asked Logan while unlocking the front door.

"Oh it was way worse." He said,  making us both burst out in laughter.

"Okay so Savannah is picking me up in ... 10 minutes so we'll probably be at the mall for an hour maybe two. My mom's working late and dad's preaching so you'll be all by yourself tonight. Dinners in the fridge. Call if you need anything." I said while exchanging my shoes at the door.

"Really ? And why can't I just come with you guys ? I get so lonely by myself  " he pleaded , giving me those puppy dog eyes.

"You ? Wanna spend the day dress shopping with a bunch of girls? " I said folding my arms in disbelief.

" I mean ... it sounds pretty good wouldn't you say? " He said smirking , showing a glimpse of the old Logan shining through.

"Logan I'm serious. " I said hitting him with my purse playfully on the arm.

"Me too ! Besides! I still need a tux too . So it's perfect!"

"Oh fine ! But you're explaining this to Sav." I said , right before she pulled up and I gave him a look telling him to behave.

"Logan ?" She said surprised - though still acting nice about it - acknowledging him.

"Hi Savannah. " he said politely , both of them giving me a look to make this situation less awkward.

"Oh yeah ! Sav , I hope you don't mind but Logan's tagging along. My parents are working late and ... he kind of still needs a tux for prom too so it kind of works out right ?" I said with a smile , trying to lessen the awkward tension.

"Right ..." she trailed off while we got into the car.

****
"I love that one!!! The red really makes your eyes stand out !" Savannah squealed while I did a dramatic spin for effect.

"I don't know ... the dress really isn't you ." Logan piped in too.

"Are you kidding me ? Look at her . She looks GORGEOUS!" Savannah said , making me smile brightly .

"That's not what I'm saying,  I'm just saying the style is more ... you Savannah not really Amaya. You know ?" He said while Sav took another long look at me while titling her head to the side.

"Oh yeah... now I see it." She admitted,  putting her arms on her hips.

"See ! I'm good at this." Logan stated proud while Savannah threw him with a throw pillow from the bench.

"Well , if you're so 'good' at this Mr know-it-all what should I wear then ?" I said,  placing my hands on my hips while he smiled smugly.

"Easy. Savannah wears the one you're wearing and you wear her blue one."

"Are you being serious Delgada ?" Savannah said blandly

"Just trust me." He said  before shooing us back into the changing room . And I got to hand it to him , I DID look at lot better in Savannah's dress and she was rocking that red dress more than I ever good. "Huh ? What did I tell you ?" He said getting up , eyeing his precious works like some proud owner.

"Fine ! So you weren't off. She DOES look better in the red than I did. But don't get a big head over this mister."

"Yeah. Cause now it's your turn. We're getting you a tux. " Sav said while we could practically SEE the sweat droplets forming on his brow.

And half an hour later , all three of us were dressed for Prom. Sav and I settled on the dresses Logan picked out and we got him a black tux with a light blue tie . And we didn't do a bad job if I have to say so myself.

The day might've not turned out the way we thought it would but it was a good day nonetheless. We not only got AMAZING outfits for Prom but , Savannah got the opportunity to spend some time with Logan and got to know the new him. And him vice versa . So all and all I think today was a success and I can't WAIT to see what prom brings. 

And I'm ending it here! It's getting late and I'm afraid if I keep writing , it won't make ANY sense. But I hope you all enjoyed it. For those who didn't quite get the hint. That's Amaya and Savannah's dresses up above 😌 thank you so much for reading. Remember to leave your thoughts in the comment section below. Until next time, keep howling my wolves ❤🐺