5

At 1:00 A.M. I finally made it back to my car without running into Neil again. Thankfully, he had taken off after my kissing incident with C.J.

I sighed, leaning my head against the steering wheel. The night's activities hitting me like a bus. My body ached, my head throbbed, and my eyes kept threatening to shut. I put the keys into the igniting of the car. Bringing the cool air conditioning to life, blowing across my sweat-soaked body. I lightly pounded my head against the steering wheel knowing full well I would have to Uber home. Between the drinks and the sexy time in the alley, I was way too spent to move. I could barely lift my arms to scratch my head, let alone turn on my blinkers.

I felt around my small clutch and got my phone out. The bright lights making my eyes squint, trying to read the 52 missed messages I had missed from the girls. I momentarily closed my eyes, taking in deep breaths. I needed to stare at the dazzling light of my phone to get an Uber home. But my butterfingers kept dropping the phone onto the floor.

And my eyes.... oh my eyes, they were sagging more and more. Threatening to close before I could get myself home.

I would only close them for a minute.

Just one minute.

And then.... then I'd leave.

~~~~~~

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. And it buzzed at least 20 more times before I finally had the energy to do something about it. I felt around, groaning at the bright sun peeking through the windows. Where were my curtains to block this awful sunlight out? My fingers brushed against the carpet. Searching for the annoying buzzing coming from my phone. Until I felt the vibrations in my palm.

"Hmm?" I asked into the phone, my mind fighting to stay awake. I would have to slap myself across the face to remain conscious.

"Meyers!" I groaned again, saying something unintelligible. My tongue feeling heavy and my throat hoarse.

"Meyers! Are you drunk?" The annoying voice hissed into the phone. Furious at me, might I add.

"Mm-mmm—probably?" I retorted, not fully grasping who I was talking to.

I heard some rustling; the voice talking to someone else, and doors closing.

"Mercy, what the hell?!" She whispers-shouted into the phone, successfully getting my attention. I didn't need a physical slap, because this was it! My eyes snapped open at this. I was on the phone! With Reese, my boss, Reese!

Fuck.

"Reese!" I gasped. I looked around realizing I was still in my running car. T air conditioning on full blast, soft music played through the speakers. All the other cars in the parking lot gone, and the bar was dead.

I thought I had caught an Uber.....

"Meyers, what the hell did you do?" She hissed again.

"I—uh — I'm what? What do you mean? I didn't?" I ran a hand across my forehead, pulling in breaths. I didn't know what I had done. Had I done something bad at work? Fucked up the project I was on?

"C.J. Cole is sitting in my office! On a Saturday!" I could imagine her throwing her arms around or rubbing her temples.

Flashbacks from the night before ran through my mind. His lips. His fingers. His gruff voice. All over me. Inside of me.......

We hooked up.

And it was hot.

Oh, fuck.