18

Alright...here it is. Are you guys ready for this?

Big, deep breaths...hopefully, it's not too intense.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"Why are there so many news crews here?" I hissed to my sister Hope, who promptly rolled her eyes at me. You're paranoid!

"It's a courthouse, Merce, they are bound to be here. Just last week some idiot got arrested for public urination and Bam! He's on the 10 o'clock news." She shrugged it off, but she had nothing to worry about.

But for me? If I walked into the very room Cam was in. He'd murder me where I stood and spend the rest of his life in prison. He asked me not to pry, and I told him I wouldn't. And I won't. I respected him too much to be nosy. Because-because it won't happen. NO! How twisted would it be if he had been hooking up with his attacker's sister!

"We have 20 minutes, we need to head in before they lock us out. Which, I wouldn't mind. You know-there are a million other things I could do today. Enjoy sleeping in or you know, not being here." Hope ranted again.

And again.

God, she never shut up.

I think the universe blessed with the wrong twin today, because, at this rate, she'd never shut up. She'd keep running her mouth until I rammed my head into the wall repeatedly to avoid her shrill voice. And then you know what she'd do? Keep fucking running her mouth. I needed Faith, my hippy sister, to calm me down. She always had this angelic quality about her. So serene and loving. Not 'I will talk your ears off until they bleed', Hope.

We walked up the sidewalk of the courthouse at a quick pace. Hope non stop talking about how she wished we had kids, so we had a solid excuse to not come like our sister Faith.

"Two years ago on a dismal October night famed author C.J. Cole watched his life fall apart and today he gets his justice. Today he takes the stand against the man responsible for his wife and daughter's death. We will be here with live updates as we get them." Oh God, oh God, no, no, no. Fuck Fuck Fuck. That means he's here! He can't see me. I need to become invisible! Why couldn't I be Harry Potter? Where's my invisibility cloak???

As soon as we entered the courthouse, I grabbed my sister's arm. I led her straight into the bathroom and locked the door behind me. I leaned against the door, caressing my forehead. How could I explain this to her?

"Ya know, it was cute when you were three and I had to chase away the poo-poo monster, but I really thought we were past this." I took a big breath.

"Can I trade you in for the other twin already? God!" I groaned, tossing my hands in the air.

"What is up your butt today? Ever since we got here, you've turned into a twitchy little weasel, more than usual!" She huffed, stomping her foot.

"What do you know about this case?" I asked exhausted with her presence.

"Just because I'm a lawyer myself doesn't mean I know about every case. I can't just magically gain all the information from a locked, hush-hush case. The only people who know anything about this case are the judge, the prosecutor, and the defense attorney. You know-we are lucky they even allowed us to sit in the courtroom!" I took a big breath because my sister was the most long-winded individual on the planet and I wanted to stab her eyes out. Violence is not the answer today, idiot.

"Seriously? How did Mom not give us anything?" Hope rolled her eyes and folded her hands together.

"Because her precious Justin is the center of her world and he's just so perfect he couldn't have done anything wrong." She brought her hands to her cheeks, mocking our mother's voice. "And yet just the other day, she told me I looked chunky and threw an apple at me. Remind me why I still visit her?" Her face fell at the memory but quickly regained herself. Never letting Mom get the best of her again.