11

"I have my deadline meeting today," I groaned. Sitting on the edge of my bed, running my hand through my unkempt hair. My unkempt three-day-sex-hair, Lord I needed a shower. A cold, cold, forget about this amazing sex shower, so I could focus on my task for the day. I had things to do and an important boss to see. 

It had been two weeks exactly since I had been called into Reese's office. She had given me a stern deadline, but nothing unattainable. Nothing I couldn't handle, although it was kind of stressful. The kind of stress that made me want to pull my hair out or have C.J. pull it. I needed that shower asap before I jumped his bones again. 

C.J.'s hand drifted up my naked back, fingertips barely touching my skin. Sending small shivers down my spine, relaxing my overstressed muscles. We had become accustomed to each other over the past two weeks. He stayed a few nights a week, working and of course, sexing me up. He seemed to write better and I seemed to focus better. A mutual sex agreement that benefited us both. 

"You think she'll be impressed?" I asked rhetorically, knowing he wouldn't give much of an answer. He never did. 

"If she doesn't pay you, I will." I snorted and lifted a brow. 

"You make me sound like a hooker," I said playfully, as he pulled me back into him. Wrapping his long arms around my body and intertwined our limbs again. 

We weren't in love by any means, but in my soul, I knew he was meant to be so much more. So much more to me than what we were. Whatever we were. Friends with benefits? Work-sex partnership? Ah--whatever it was it worked. We used each other, but used was too strong a word. We completed something in each other. A piece of a puzzle I couldn't yet explain. All I knew was it felt right. Somewhere deep in the depths of my heart, it was right. And maybe in the future, it would lead to more---more than just sex and writing. 

"She won't take this away," he said simply, breaths passing over my cheeks. His fingers brushing along my hairline. A small smile crossed over my lips at his overconfidence. I wished he'd give me some of it. My mind immediately went to the worst-case scenario. Fired! 

"I gotta get up," I groaned in displeasure. I didn't want to move from his arms. He was like a giant cuddly teddy bear, comfortable and warm. I wanted him to wrap me in a blanket and take me away for just a little while longer. 

But I had a meeting. A very, very important meeting with Reese. And she could potentially pull the rug from under my feet and take all of this away. 

He reluctantly released me, letting his fingers linger on me. "I should continue work too." He said gruffly, eyes peering out the bedroom door. His mind obviously in his own world again. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The elevator ride to the sixth floor was nerve-racking. I lifted an arm, sniffing my armpits. I was sweating as if I had jogged 10,000 miles here. All because I couldn't convince my brain I would be fine. I had hit my deadline like a good girl. I had done everything right! But the nagging asshole in the back of my mind reminded me, Reese was unpredictable. She could fire me and I'd be done for. Ultimately ending me and C.J.'s happy-sexy time. 

I walked past my desk. Or I guess what used to be my desk. And stopped dead in my tracks, if I were a train my wheels would have squealed and caused a scene. Much like I wanted to do. 

A young blonde was typing away on the computer (my computer) looking frazzled by her surroundings. Her hair a fried mess and her frantic green eyes unable to focus on whatever task Reese had given her. She must have been the new intern, which meant, I was done for. Done. Fuck. I must have done something wrong, again! I swallowed hard, walking past her, and I caught her eye.