eight

It was halfway through the day and everyone's day was going well. They were all on break and Lisa, Jennie, and Lucas met up to catch up and see how much trouble Lucas had caused on his first day.

"Have you tried to fight anyone yet?" Jennie asked as she paid for her ice cream.

"I can't fight someone if I don't understand what they're saying," Lucas smiled proudly.

"What did you say if someone spoke to you and you couldn't understand them?" Lisa asked.

"네."

Jennie laughed as Lucas wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"I'm sure you'll learn Korean in no time," Jennie said as they looked for a place to sit.

"You're always yelling at me in Korean, so I should be fluent in days," Lucas smiled.

"제니야!" someone called the girl's name.

The three turned around just as two girls walked up to them.

"Yes?" Jennie ignored the fact that they used informal speech with her, knowing she was older than them.

"Who is that?" one of them motioned towards Lucas. "Is he your boyfriend? I thought you were dating Jaehyun."

Lisa and Jennie looked at each other. Lucas was standing there clueless, seeing as he didn't really know what they were saying.

"I'm dating neither," the singer said. "His name is Lucas and he's my best friend and Jaehyun is my colleague, nothing more. Move along."

"Oh," the other one looked disappointed. "Well, can you—"

"No," Jennie said before walking off.

Lucas and Lisa caught up to her and followed her to a seat. Lucas was confused and Lisa pretended like nothing happened. That was a regular occurrence for them, nothing new.

"Why were you so mean?" Lucas looked at his best friend.

"Because they're fake," Jennie said. "They hated me before I got big and now they want to be friends and ask for favors. I don't want that negative energy in my life."

"Okay, but you don't have to be rude," the boy said. "They could say you were a bully and you'll have a scandal and you could never bounce back from it and—"

"I'm not worried about that."

Lucas eyed her. "Mother knows best," he said, "but since you don't want to listen to me, I'm taking a nap. Maybe Lisa can talk some sense into you."

"The sense that she doesn't have?"

"Right," the boy said before he shut his eyes.

"Anyway," Lisa said. "They're talking about you."

"Who?"

"Those girls. They're talking to their friend group."

"Aw," Jennie pouted. "Remember when we had a friend group?"

"The good ole days," Lisa wiped a fake tear.

"Let's go ask them what the issue is," the singer suggested. "I have to throw away this wrapper, anyway."

Lisa nodded. "I know you have a temper these days, so try to control it," she said.

"I don't have a temper."

"Yeah, okay."

Jennie threw away her ice cream wrapper and walked up to the group. She sat on a stool and smiled.

"Hi."

"What?" one of them asked.

"What are your names?" the older girl asked.

"Soojin, Soyeon, Shuhua, Jeno, and Seonghwa," Lisa said. "In that order. There's more, but they're obviously not here right now."

"What do you want?" Soojin gave Jennie a fake smile.

"I was just wondering what the problem was?" Jennie tilted her head to the side. "It's kind of obvious you're talking about me seeing as you're pointing and glaring. So, what's up?"

"You're acting confused like you were being a literal bitch to them when they were trying to talk to you," Shuhua said.

"Me? A bitch? Never that."

"What is your issue?" Soyeon asked. "We get it, you're a big artist, but that gives you no excuse to act so—"

"Aren't you the same girl that bullied me before and after I went to Australia?" Jennie cut her off. "Next."

It took just those words for on of the girls to be pushed over the edge. Speaking of being pushed over the edge, Soojin pushed Jennie over the edge of her stool and the girl fell to the ground. The stool did too, but I don't think that's important. Jennie immediately got up, ready to fight, but Lisa held her back.

"You scared or something?! Let her go!" Soojin taunted them.

"Yeah, let me go!" Jennie glared at Lisa.

"Our CEO will kill you if you get in a fight," Lisa said. "Control your temper. It is not that—"

"Fuck you and your CEO," one of the boys said.

"Lucas!" Jennie yelled.

"Lucas is asleep," Lisa said. "I don't know how but—"

"Lucas!"

Lucas jumped up out of his seat and scanned the room for Jennie. They locked eyes and he saw Lisa holding her back.

"Get up! Beat his ass!"

He got up with no hesitation and went to do exactly as she asked. Beat his ass. Lisa, who was too small to hold both of them back, moved the push Lucas away from the boys. He was a tree compared to them, it wasn't a fair fight. Unfortunately, Jennie took this as an opportunity to jump on Soojin.

"No!" Lisa groaned.

Lucky for all of them, someone was there to pull Jennie back. The singer felt the familiar arms wrap around her waist and she froze. It's not Rosé. It can't be Rosé. She doesn't go to her school.

"Calm down," she sounded worried. "This isn't you. This isn't my Jennie."

Jennie quickly moved out of the girl's arms and turned around. There she was. Roseanne Park. This day could not get any worse. Her phone vibrated in her pocket. She checked the Caller ID, immediately rolling her eyes when she saw "매니저 언니." She answered the phone and put it to her ear.

"What?"

"Don't ever answer the phone like that again," Soyeon said. "Go to the office, you're checking out. The CEO wants to see you."

Jennie hung up and dropped her head. She was wrong.

The day could get a lot worse.

-

a/n: i may start writing twitter/text aus on twitter. what ship should i do😳

also, what do you think YG (🤢) wants to speak to jennie about?

and since when did chaeyoung go to SOPA 😳