twenty seven

Jennie woke up the next morning in the front seat, covered with a blanket. She looked at Rosé, watching as the girl kept her focus on the road. Her eyes moved down to the girl's hands, one of which was wrapped around her neck for the majority of the night.

"You're staring," Rosé said, eyes still on the road.

"I'm gazing," Jennie corrected her.

"It's creepy," the older girl looked at her ex.

"It's romantic."

The two smiled at each other. Rosé leaned down, kissing Jennie's cheek.

"Good morning, baby."

Baby.

"Good morning," Jennie replied, trying not to let the fact that butterflies were fluttering in her stomach show. "What time is it?"

"Ten."

"Are Soyeon and Haeun awake?"

"Yes."

"Are they mad?"

"No," Rosé shook her head. "This is a bonding trip for us, remember?"

"Right," Jennie leaned against the window.

"Since we won't be back at the hotel for a while," the older girl said, "I think we should talk."

"About?"

"Everything," Rosé said. "Starting with why I ended things the way I did."

"You don't have to—"

"Just let me explain. Promise you won't hate me after."

"Why would I—"

"Jennie, I love you with every single fiber in my body. Just promise me you will not hate me or anyone involved after."

"Okay," Jennie nodded. "I promise."

~flashback bc it's easier than typing out an explanation~

It was the night Jennie went back to Korea. The girl had just went upstairs to get her suitcase and everyone else was still downstairs. Rosé was leaning against the staircase, on her phone when Yuta cleared his throat. She looked up, raising an eyebrow.

"I keep cough drops in my purse if you need one," she said. "It's beside you."

"I'm good," Yuta said. "Are you good?"

"What on God's green earth are you going on about?"

"Are you talking about the bet?" Joy asked.

"Bet?" Lucas asked.

"What bet?" Irene asked.

"Right?" Ten said. "Hendery and I were told nothing."

"Neither was Jisoo," Jisoo said.

"Or Taeyong."

"Yuta and the rest of us made a bet that Rosé can't fall for Jennie and that she's break up with her before she left," Lisa explained. "I don't think it's right—"

"I like her," Rosé said. "It's not happening. That bet was stupid."

"What happened to 'I never lose bets?'" Seulgi raised her eyebrow.

"I don't, but—"

"At least we get $100 out of it," Chris shrugged.

Rosé scoffed, rolling her eyes. "You're not getting my money."