twenty six

The girls got to their hotel, safe and sound. Jennie and Rosé hadn't spoken since Jennie blew her off at the airport, and both of them were honestly fine with it. At this point, Rosé knew it was never going to happen. She was sick of trying. Maybe it was time to let her go. Maybe she was saying all of this because she was hurt. Who knows? At least she wouldn't be sharing a room with her.

"Here are your keys," the receptionist broke Rosé from her thoughts.

The group made her get the keys, because while they're all fluent in English, Rosé was the most confident when speaking.

"Thank you," the girl smiled.

"I'm sorry," the receptionist stopped her before she walked away. "I really like your accent. Where are you from?"

"Australia," Rosé said, turning to walk away once again.

"Wait a second..."

The trainee turned around, raising her eyebrow.

"Aren't you one of the members of that new Korean girl group?"

Rosé smiled, giving the woman a wink before going back to her group.

"Here is your key," Rosé gave Soyeon she and Jennie's keys. "Here is our key."

She handed the other key to Haeun and the two managers looked at her.

"Why are you looking at me like I've grown two heads?"

"No reason," Soyeon shook her head. "Let's go."

The four went up to their floor. Just as Rosé was about to walk in her room after Haeun, her manager extended her arm and pushed her away.

"You're not coming in here," she said.

"What?"

"If you thought YG was going to let you sleep in separate rooms on a bonding trip, you thought wrong," Soyeon said, walking in the room, past Roseanne, and gave her the keys. "You two have fun."

"But—"

They shut the door in her face. She turned to Jennie, who was just now taking her earbuds out.

"What just happened?" she asked.

"We're roomies," Rosé said bitterly, going to unlock their door.

"Fucking hell," Jennie mumbled under her breath.

"The feeling is mutual."

The trainee held the door open for her ex, not getting a thank you, and shut the door. They sat on their beds and didn't face each other or talk to each other.

For the entire night.

The only time they got up is when Soyeon brought them dinner. Even then, there was no talking involved.

It was the middle of the night now and while Jennie was sleeping like a baby, Rosé couldn't seem to get comfortable. She sat up in her bed, letting out a sigh. She ran her hand through her hair and got out of bed, trying to be as quiet as possible. She slipped on her shoes and grabbed the car keys Haeun forgot to take back. She was so close to being out the door before a certain voice caught her attention.

"Where are you going?"

Rosé shut her eyes, taking in a deep breath as she tried to stop her heart from racing. She turned around and looked at Jennie.

"I thought you were sleeping," she said.

"No. Just quiet. I can't sleep," Jennie said.

"Oh..."