twenty nine

The group of four went to a nice restaurant for breakfast and had already given their orders. Rosé kept glancing over at Jennie while having a conversation with their managers. She noticed something was off with her attitude. She reached under the table and grabbed her hand, giving it a soft squeeze.

Jennie ran her hand through her hair and leaned against the wall. Haeun and Rosé made eye contact.

"Hey, Soyeon, I think I left my wallet in the car. Can you come with me to get it?" Haeun looked at the woman beside her.

"Yeah," Soyeon nodded.

The two made their way out of the restaurant and Rosé looked at Jennie.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"Nothing. I'm great."

"I think you've forgotten how well I know you," the older girl chuckled. "What happened?"

Jennie pouted, leaning on her ex's shoulder. "Do I move on too fast?"

Rosé glanced down at her. "What?"

"Jaehyun texted me," the singer said. "He wanted to know why I went on a trip just with you and not the rest of the girls. I explained why, and he assumed something had already happened between us, even though him and I just broke up."

"How long did it take you to get over me?"

"I didn't."

"Right," Rosé said. "Jaehyun really liked you, J. You only had a crush. People move at different paces. You don't have to feel bad because you moved faster than him."

Jennie pouted. "Should I talk to him?"

"Do what you think is best," Rosé said. "I'm not the best as relationships, you know."

"Oh, trust me, I know."

"You weren't supposed to agree!"

"Well, I did. Who gon' check me, boo?" Jennie flipped her hair.

"Jennie Kim—"

The girl's' phones went off simultaneously. They checked the text and saw it was from no other than YG.

 They checked the text and saw it was from no other than YG

"Jennie, for the love of God," Rosé took the girl's phone out of her hand to keep her from sending the message

"Jennie, for the love of God," Rosé took the girl's phone out of her hand to keep her from sending the message. "I get he really likes you, for some creepy reason, but I'm sure he has a tolerance."

"I don't care."

The older girl rolled her eyes and sent her boss an 'okay,' before putting her phone down. "Are you trying to get kicked out of the company?"

"That is exactly what I'm trying to do, actually," Jennie pat the girl on her back. "Good for you for using context clues!"

"You get on my nerves."

"Good."

Haeun and Soyeon walked back into the restaurant and sat down in their booth.

"Did you get the text?" Haeun asked.

"Yeah," Rosé answered. "We'll practice when we get back to the hotel."

"Actually," Soyeon said. "He's rented out a room for you guys to practice in."

"Extra," Jennie commented.

"He says you're only to practice with the backing track, not the actual song," Haeun told them.

"What—"

"He also says to sing over the backing track. It helps with stamina for the actual stage."

"Did you have to do this when you debuted?" Rosé looked at Jennie.

"Never heard of this," the singer shook her head.

"Well, people think Rosé's voice is fake," Haeun began to explain.

"Because of that G-Dragon song?" Rosé rolled her eyes. "The voice I'm using is my voice, I'm just using a higher pitch."

"Right," her manager nodded, "well that higher pitch is going to be hard to sing in while you're dancing, so he wants you to practice that."

"I've been practicing that."

"Just do what he says," Soyeon said. "There's no point in arguing."

"You're right," Jennie said.

"I always am."

The four continued to converse with each other, even after their food came. They ate and talked about anything and everything, payed the cheque, and left.

"So, where to now?" Soyeon said as she merged into the LA traffic.

"Rodeo," Jennie said. "Please."

"To Rodeo Drive," Rosé clasped her hands together.

The four spent a good amount of their day shopping and the rest practicing. They were having a good time, but as they already knew, good times have to come to an end. The second they debuted, they knew they'd never have another good time like this.

-

a/n: last chapter soon. :(

i have some plans for over the edge (the third and final story in this series)

i promise you won't be disappointed. :)

i love you

i love you. comment nice things for me to wake up to. i've been a little down lately.