twenty three

Jennie walked into her house, running her hand through her hair. All she wanted to do was lay down and cry herself to sleep. She dropped her bag on the floor and walked over to her couch. She was about to fall back onto it, when someone grabbed her by the waist and pulled her down.

She let out a scream, trying to get out of their grasp. "Lucas!" she yelled, hitting the person's hands away.

Lucas was already halfway down the stairs when he heard her scream, so it didn't take him long to get down there.

"What—Irene!" he whined. "Let her go!"

Jennie heard a giggle come from under her as the grip on her waist loosened. She immediately got up, running over to her best friend. Lucas wrapped an arm around her, pulling her into a hug.

Irene moves the covers off of her and sat up. She looked at the two and smiled. "I'm home, bitches!"

"She's shaking, stupid ass," Lucas said.

"Did I really scare you that bad, J?" Irene asked.

"Judging by how damp the front of my shirt is," Lucas looked down at his friend, "yes."

The older girl pouted, getting up and walking over to Jennie. "I'm sorry," she placed a hand on her shoulder.

The singer sniffed, pushing herself off of Lucas's chest. She looked at the ground and wiped her tears.

"I would beat your ass if I had the energy," she said.

"Apology accepted, great," Irene smiled.

"Jaehyun broke up with me."

Lucas's eyes widened. "What?"

"Who?"

"Today, after the show," Jennie said. "He said he didn't think we'd work out."

"He told me he was willing to give you another chance."

"Wait a minute," Irene shook her head. "I've been in Australia for the past month or so. Can someone catch me up?"

Lucas let out a sigh. "Jennie's re debuting in a girl group with Jisoo, Lisa, and Rosie."

"Oh, worm?"

"Please, never say that again," Jennie said.

"Jennie got a boyfriend, Jung Jaehyun—"

"Jung Jaehyun? As in Jung Jaehyun the model and actor?" Irene asked, eyes wide with shock.

"Yeah," Lucas nodded. "They lasted for about two months, then Jennie did something, and he ended things with her after telling me he would try again."

"What did you do, J?"

"You already know," Jennie said.

"I want you to say it."

"I cheated."

"With?"

"Rosé."

"How?"

"God, Irene," Jennie rolled her eyes. "Give me a break."

"You know, I really didn't take you as the cheating type," Irene said. "Why'd you do it? Why would you cheat, when you could just break up with him?"

"I don't know," the younger girl let out an exasperated laugh. "Why does it even matter? We're not together anymore."

"You know who you sound like?" Lucas asked.

He and Jennie made eye contact.

"Fuck off," she scoffed. "Don't compare me to her."

"He's not wrong," Irene said. "You sound just like her..."