PREFACE AND PLAYLIST

TEENAGERS
TEEN WOLF (SEASONS 1-2)

— • —

METALLICA | ENTER SANDMAN

PRETTY GIRL | MAGGIE LINDEMANN

SELFISH | PNB ROCK

SOMETIMES | CHELSEA CUTLER

LOOK AFTER YOU | THE FRAY

NIGHT TROUBLE | PETIT BISCUIT

CANDY PAINT | POST MALONE

     • —

—     •      —

—     •     —

"welcome to beacon hills!"

the brunette sighed as she watched the sign fade into the distance as they drove further into their old hometown, turning away from the window to look over at her older brother. she had hoped that they would never have to come back here, considering the last time either of them had stepped foot in this town was the day after their entire family had burned to death in a fire, destroying the only home either of them had ever known.

"so when we find laura, we can leave right? we don't have to stay here?" the younger brunette asked, not bothering to keep the hope out of her voice. she hadn't made her reluctance about their return to beacon hills a secret, and was hoping that the sooner they were able to find their sister, the sooner they would be able to leave.

"hopefully. i don't want to be back here anymore than you do," he shrugged, turning right into the preserve that had once held their family home. "but laura isn't answering any of my calls or texts, and she seemed to think something pretty important was going on here in order for her to come back."

"having to do with a deer with a spiral carved into it," she finished, causing derek to nod his head as he parked his black camaro in front of the charred remains of the former hale house. she climbed out of the car, grabbing the three duffle bags she had randomly filled with her clothes and belongings out of the trunk before looking around.

"i'm so glad we decided to leave our three bedroom apartment overlooking new york city to come back to beacon hills and live in what's left of the house our entire family died in."

"yeah well, let's hope it isn't permanent," derek grunted as he went inside. she hesitated for a moment before following him, knowing that as soon as she stepped through the door, it would be the beginning of the end.

♛ ♛ ♛

she sat on the hood of derek's car, staring up at the stars that cluttered up the night sky. that was the one good thing about beacon hills, you could always see stars at night.

"we didn't see those a whole lot in new york," derek said as he leaned against the car, looking from the sky over to his younger sister.

"she's dead, isn't she?" the small brunette choked out, looking over at him. "that's why she wasn't answering us. she's dead."

he looked at the ground as he nodded, avoiding any sort of eye contact with her. she slid off the hood of the car, walking over to stand next to derek. he wrapped an arm around her shoulder, the way he always did when he didn't know what to say but wanted to do something to try and comfort her.

"guess it's just you and me now," he said quietly, pulling her into a hug as she began to cry over the loss of their sister.