||Chapter 52-Punishment of Cutting Wrist||

Source: islamqa.info

I'm not a scholar student, so I used to ask questions by means of using the internet.

What is the ruling on committing suicide in the case of severe depression in which the sick person is not aware of the consequences of what he does? Will Allaah forgive him for this action? 
Is it possible that the suffering that the sick person goes through because of this disease is an expiation for his sins?

Praise be to Allaah

Suicide is a major sin, and the one who does that is faced with a warning of eternity in the Fire of Hell, where Allaah will punish him with the means that he used to commit suicide.

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever throws himself down from a mountain and kills himself will be throwing himself down in the Fire of Hell for ever and ever. Whoever drinks poison and kills himself will be sipping it in the Fire of Hell for ever and ever. Whoever kills himself with a piece of iron will have that iron in his hand, thrusting it into his belly in the Fire of Hell for ever and ever.”

A must see videos!!!

Jazzakalahu Khairan.