11

You might need to briefly scan through chapters 8 and 10 to fully understand this chapter. But it isn't necessary if you don't want to. Happy reading!

"So, Sam? Why are you here?"

"Look, Ryder, I'm really sorry. For everything."

He gave a dry laugh. "Get straight to the point, Sam."

"I'm sorry for making you sad. Twice!" I held up two fingers, then continued my apology speech while looking at the floor boards.

"First, I asked you about your social life. Which I shouldn't have done. Then next, I ask about your family. Which I also shouldn't have asked about!"

While I was busy being a talkative, I didn't notice Ryder walking up to me. But I did notice when he sat on the armrest of the sofa I was sitting on.

"Sam?"

I looked into his hazel eyes.

"Stop talking." He wasn't looking at me.

"What?"

"Stop talking."

"Why?"

"Because I don't want to hear your apology."

I was hurt. Really hurt.

"No! I didn't mean it like that,"

I calmed down.

"It's just that, hearing your apology is just going to open up wounds. Wounds that have healed before. Or, are still in the process of healing."

All through his statement, he didn't look at me. He kept staring into the space in front of him, not looking at anything in particular. I marvelled at his poetic way of talking.

Maybe. Just maybe, there's a broken boy; a boy who needs help and healing, a boy who has emotions, under that tough shell. The boy that every guy wants to be. The boy that every girl wants to date. The boy who would kill for his little sister. The boy who walks mysteriously, behaves mysteriously. But somehow, slightly opens up to a girl who he bumped into.  

We remained in silence for a long time.

"Sam, I know you are deeply and truely sorry. But no matter how many times you say it, you're still going to find a way about asking about my past. So, I'm going to tell it to you."

My eyes widened and I stared at him. He looked at me now.

"It's something I've never told anyone before."

"Don't, Ryder. Don't tell it to me. I promise I wouldn't ever ask a question about your past again. Don't do this to yourself."

"No, Sam. I must. It's been eating me up for 6 years now. It's been giving me nightmares for 6 whole years. I've been to therapy before. It didn't take away the nightmares, but rather reduced them. That's the reason I don't talk to people much. People are naturally inquisitive and curious. They might get too close and then find out something about me. Something I wouldn't want them to know."

"So why do you want to tell me your past?"

"I don't know Sam. It's just that, you're the closest person I have other than my sister. I need to tell someone this. Maybe it will lift a load off my back. I'm going to tell you my story now."

A/N
Hey guys! Sorry for the short chapter. I wanted the next chapter to be just for Ryder's story only, so I'm going to publish this chapter and the next one together. So how was this chapter? Let me know in the comments. Well, the dog in the picture above is Chase. Isn't he cute?! (I don't know why I put his photo up.) Anyway, stay posted for more. Bye! :)

~addie~