34 - The End

It was the last day of school. The graduation ceremony was held yesterday, and it was amazing. I can't believe high school is over already. In a few months, all my friends and I will be in university.

It's just too sad that we won't all be together. Rhylee's going to NYU, Zack is going to MIT, and Ryder will be attending WSU. I'm the only one in the group that isn't studying in America.

The mail came in on Monday, and I got accepted into the University of Cambridge. All the way in England. I'm happy that I will be attending a high ranked school, but I'm really upset that I will leave all my friends behind. The whole of my life, I've only had three close people, and now I'm leaving them behind. Who knows whether I'll make new friends? I'm probably over thinking this.

"All done." She shut the door of her locker and rested her forehead on it, stroking it with her hand. "I'll miss you, Kayla. You'll forever remain in my memory."

I rolled my eyes at her. "Stop being so cheesy. It's just a locker."

"It's not just a locker. I've had it since freshman year of highschool."

"Whatever. Let's just go."

After saying her fourth goodbye, we began walking towards the exit, reminiscing the moments and memories we had made. We passed the spot where Ryder and I bumped into each other. A wave of nostalgia washed over me and a blush crept up to my cheeks.

Rhylee laughed. I looked at her, confused. She pointed to an area on the floor. "Remember 10th grade? When you puked all over Ace?"

I rolled my eyes. "Please don't make me recall."

It was a Wednesday in 10th grade. We had mashed potatoes for lunch, and they didn't sit too well in my stomach. Long story short, I didn't make it to the toilet in time.

We passed two girls who were signing each other's yearbooks. Rhylee stopped to add her signature to both yearbooks. I didn't want to add my signature because I hardly knew these girls. But trust Rhyls; she signed for me. She gave them her popular 5-star smile, and we left them.

"I call shotgun!" I yelled.

***

"What took you guys so long?" Zachary complained as we stepped into his car; me in front and Rhyls at the back.

"Someone decided to stop at every small gathering to sign yearbooks." I rolled my eyes and looked at her through the rear-view mirror.

She shrugged "What? I might never see these people again. I wanted to leave my mark in their lives."

Zachary sniggered. "So what's the plan? We go to Ryder's house and watch a movie, or pick him up and go somewhere to hang out?"

Ryder didn't come to school. He had to stay home to take care of a sick Willow.

"We have to stay at his house. He has a sick sister. Do you expect him to leave her at home just so he can go out with his friends?" Rhylee shot.

"Can't she just come along with us?"

I swatted his arm. "Why do you have to be so inconsiderate?"

He laughed. "Inconsiderate?"

"Yes," said Rhylee, "She's just a child."

"Whatever."

***

Despite her ill health, Willow still jumped into my arms when I walked in.