22

I rang the doorbell of Ryder's house. A few seconds later, he opened it. He looked at me in confusion.

"Um, Sam? What's that in your hand?"

I was holding a notebook of A4 papers and a pen. I uncapped the pen and wrote 'It's a notebook and a pen, doofus.' and showed it to him.

He rolled his eyes. "I know what it is. Why aren't you talking?"

I wrote 'I'm refusing to talk to you and Zachary until your stupid fight is over and the two of you become friends.'.

"Friends?"

I wrote 'Is that too much of a task?'.

He sighed. "Come in."

I walked into the house and he shut the door behind me.

I wrote 'Where's Willow?'.

"Sleepover."

I wrote 'Why is she always at a sleepover?'.

"As you already know, things are difficult for us. It's better if she spends some nights at her friend's house. A little weight is lifted off my shoulders. They are going to feed her."

I wrote 'Yeah, I guess so.'.

"Sam, how long are you going to continue this?" He motioned to my book and pen in hand.

I wrote 'I can do this forever. Just make up with Zack and I'll stop.'.

"I'm not even going to try."

I glared at him and wrote 'Don't test my patience.'.

"Okay, okay. You hungry?"

"N-" I immediately covered my mouth with my hand.

Ryder started laughing. "I knew you would talk. You're Samantha Collins. You have to talk." He continued laughing.

I glared at him and wrote 'Anyway, I'm not hungry.'.

He shrugged. "Suit yourself."

I wrote 'The sooner we start this lesson, the better.'.

"Why? Are you going somewhere?"

I wrote 'No. Maybe if Willow were here, I would've stayed a bit longer.'.

He put his hands on his heart. "Well, ouch."

I rolled my eyes but he caught the small smile that played on my lips.

"Well, let's start this class. Examination period is fast approaching."

***

I was comfortably sitting on the couch in my living room, holding a bowl of popcorn and watching a marathon of Coronation Street, when the doorbell rang. I groaned and rushed over to open the door.

Lo-and-behold, Zachary was standing on the porch. As soon as I saw him, I ran upstairs to get my book and pen on my bed.

When I got downstairs, he was on the couch, eating my popcorn, and watching T.V.

I wrote 'Hey! That's my popcorn you're eating!' and showed it to him.

"Oh, I know. And, why are you using that pad to write? Did you lose your voice?"

I wrote 'I didn't lose my voice. I'm just not talking to you or Ryder again, until this useless fight is over.'.

He scoffed. "Really?"

I wrote 'Yes. Really.'.

"Well, not gonna happen."

I wrote 'Excuse me? What do you mean 'Not gonna happen' ?'.

He stood up. "That's exactly what I mean. There's no way I'm going to apologise to him. If any apologising is going to happen, it definitely won't come from me, because I have nothing, absolutely nothing, to apologise for." He sat back down and acted as if nothing had happened.

I looked at him in shock. I had never seen this side of Zachary before. He was really serious about this 'not gonna apologise' thing.

I wrote 'Why are you here?'.

"To say I'm sorry."

I wrote 'I thought you said you would never say sorry because, in quote, you have nothing to apologise for.'.

"I meant, I would never apologise to that idiot."

I wrote 'Watch your tongue! Don't call Ry an idiot.'

He scoffed. "When did you start calling him Ry?"

I wrote 'That's nothing you should be concerned about.'.

"Sheesh. It was just an innocent question." He turned back to the T.V.

I wrote 'What are you saying sorry for?'.

He sighed. "I'm saying sorry for acting the way I did these past days. It was wrong of me to do so. You were right, it was childish. I'm sorry."

I smiled and wrote 'Apology accepted.'.

"Did he apologise for his actions too?"

I wrote 'No. Not yet.'

"You're being too hopeful, Sammy. What makes you think he's going to apologise?"

I wrote 'I don't think he's going to say sorry. I know he's going to say sorry. Because I know him. I trust him enough to have faith in him.'

He raised a brow and stood up. "Do you want to bet?"

I wrote 'Bet on what?'.

"If he's going to apologise."

I wrote 'Hmmmm. What's the prize for the winner, and the consequence for the loser?'.

"Let's make this interesting. If you win and he says sorry, I'll drop out."

I wrote 'What do you mean?'.

"If you win, I'll let him have you. I won't fight for you again."

I wrote 'And you're willing to take the risk?'.

"Yes I am."

I wrote 'Okay. What if you win and I lose?'.

"We'll have to kiss."

A/N
Hey guys! How are you all? And how was this chapter? It's a short one, I know. What do you think is going to happen in the next chapter? I need feedback on that. Anyway, I want to finish this book before September when school starts, because I won't be able to update again until Winter/Christmas break. As a result of this, updates will be faster. Stay posted for more. Bye! :)

~addie~