1† Out Of Control

"Your Excellency, this is an issue that we cannot just sweep under the rug anymore. Too many of our Priests have been slaughtered in the name of His Lord and Savior. The public are hearing of this through many other means of media and it is leading to an uproar against the Churches all around the globe. We must find the culprit of these heinous actions and punish them for their crimes. Our applicants to join the Priesthood have dropped in the last few months, we," the man in a black robe, hooded to cover his eyes down to his nose but leaving the man's mouth exposed. He cleared his throat, "We believe that if we don't deal with this problem soon, there might be a permanent decrease in Priests worldwide. People are too scared to join. Our Honored Cardinals, this message is given to you in urgency for our Laity." The man gave a small bow before retreating back to the pillars along with many other men dressed identically to each other.

The grand room was decorated in ornate designs scattered across pictures and statues. The floor was elegantly patterned and big enough to be a grand ballroom. Three people sat towards the far back but center of the room. Two males and one female. The youngest sat in the middle donning all white whereas the other two wore similar red outfits.

The youngest kept his eyes low to the floor, gripping his scepter nervously while the other two kept solid stern looks on their faces. The blonde woman adjusted her monocle as if she was going to speak but was rudely interrupted by the brown haired man sitting on the opposite side from her. He stood up and threw his cape that was previously draped around his shoulders behind him violently. Angrily he yelled out, "I don't see why any follower of our great and glorious God. As the word says, he Giveth and Taketh away. He gives us followers who so graciously gave up their lives for this type of work. They are the ones to be praised for their hard work and dedication!" The man walked towards the group of people below, "I see no reason why we couldn't find others to join our crusade against this evil power against us. There should be plenty of men with their willingness to fight along with us!" He shot a side glare towards the blonde and the shy looking Pope.

The woman raised her hand as if to halt the other, nearly shouting man, "The problem is, at what cost will your purge take on? How many people will we have to lose before you are satisfied. Also if we rid of the one murderer, if there is only one, how do we know that we won't have copy cats? If the Methuselah's see that we are threatened by this they will find a chance to infiltrate our Church. Is that something you're willing to risk, brother?" She returned the glare then looked to the Pope. "I have had my AX members already looking into the situation on the streets. They have came up with a few ideas of what or who this attacker is."

The Pope looked over to the blonde and with a cracked voice he spoke, "And what are their ideas on dealing with our situation at hand? Have they pinpointed what exactly is attacking our Priests?" He looked to the man staring angrily at the blonde, then looked to the blonde himself. "Sister, do you think your men can deal with this directly without too many casualties?"

The blonde, nodded and stood up herself motioning for the men in the black robes to open a door. After two men, dressed in all black Priest outfits walked through, the blonde smiled. She turned to the other man in red then to the Pope. "These two have been working diligently on the cases. Father Havel and Father Wordsworth both have some theories of the attacker and how they might be targeting the Priests. Gentlemen, would you like to explain to Brother Francesco and His Holiness Alessandro?" She took a seat once again then nodded to the two Priests.

The man with longer hair and a scruffy face stood to the side with his hands palmed in front of his stomach leaving space for the man with shorter hair and no scruff on his face walked closer to the seated people. "We have found accounts of this monster around the city and neighboring states to be something straight from the depths of the Earth that is almost entirely unknown to us. Most of our reports from the survivors from these attacks have said it was almost as if a mist came through the church itself. No one could recall enough to describe in detail of who or what the Demon is, but what we can go off of is that it was shrouded in black and had bright almost glowing eyes. Everybody who had seen this saw a glimpse before the monster fled into the streets. Most of the sisters would be delivering candles to the Priests room and others' rooms due to the lights going out. Every time there was an attack, the power would go out as well. When most of the sisters would make sure the Priest was alright, they would enter a room that reeked of death. The sisters would find their Priest to be dead. A horrible sight to begin with, not to mention the fact that they all had wounds accurate to a vampire for certain. As of recently, some nuns have been found dead on the scene as well; dealt the same wounds as the Priests. Father Havel knows more of the description of this monster. It should be safe to say that this thing isn't just targeting Priests anymore. The Nuns are in clear danger as well as everyone else in our care. I fear we might have a new war between the humans and vampires again. But this time, we might have technology that will overcome their knowledge that comes with their age."

The other man, Havel, stood forward and nodded as a sign of respect to the Pope and the Cardinals. "Your grace, the accounts of our Nuns and others, we have found that somehow this, for a lack of better terms, monster has some way of disabling the power of the buildings around it. Every Church that was invaded first lost power, then when the nuns would be completing their checks found their other convent members to be lifeless. Some would also run to tell the Priest, if one was present about the situation only to find the Priest in the same state as well. The few who noticed it were quite frightened and sure that it was a Demon instead of a Methuselah, as Wordsworth has since stated. Most of the women fear that they are being punished for something they might have unknowingly done. They say the monster forms out of a cloud of darkness that swallows any bit of hope one could have. Upon interviewing these women, it is clear that the red eyes of the Demon seemed to look in their souls, debating if they should be killed as well. The main thing regarding the monster being a vampire itself is that all the witnesses said it had extremely long fangs. Longer than they have previously known Methuselah's to have. When I asked how they knew this," Vaclav shifted his feet a bit before continuing, leaving a pause in between his words, "They all said it looked up to them, smiled then faded away into the shadows. The way that the witnesses would describe it even made us listeners have chill. It is unnerving to know that there is something out there in the night hunting down and killing more and more of God's children. We have a few of our other members out on missions as we speak, but once we all get back and we can coordinate something, we will be able to conduct a full search together. Cardinal Caterina, we will move on your command if His Holiness agrees to support this mission of course."

The Pope gripped his scepter with both hands across his lap and shyly stood up. He pulled the staff to his chest then turned to his sister, "I would like this to be taken care of quickly and quietly. I don't want anyone else being hurt or the Priests and Nuns being killed every other week. Just make sure it's safe for people to roam around the streets again not having to worry about if they will be killed... Sister?" Caterina folded her hands together and kept her eyes steady on her younger brother, "I don't want to see anymore bloodshed..."

Caterina smiled slightly then turned her attention to her AX men, "You two make sure your report back to me once the others arrive back to the Vatican."

Angrily, Francesco sat into his chair. He eyed the door as the two men left the grand room. Clearly he was the only one not fully happy with the conversation that just went on.

Out in the hallway, Wordsworth pulled out a pipe while walking next to Havel. He let out a sigh then eyed the Sister standing around the corner. She held her arms crossed under her breasts and a heeled white shoe against the wall she leaned against. Her black tights almost clashed with her all white and light blue outfit but stayed balanced with her black curls that framed her face elegantly. She lifted her head up and smiled, her lips coated in a fresh layer of red. "That sounded as if it went well gentlemen."

Havel kept his arms to his side and greeted the sister in a slight bow, "Sister Noelle."

"Oh, Vaclav, stop with the formalness." Noelle stood on both feet and started walking between the two men. "Have you heard from anyone else? Who's all coming?"

William took the pipe out of his mouth before speaking, "I do believe Hugue will be coming with Kaya at some point. She should be keeping him from wandering off on his own missions. Then Tres should be accompanying Monica."

"God give him strength with that one." Vaclav shook his head as they continued walking towards the next hall. "I take it Father Nightroad is with Sister Esther then? When was their last contact with us?"

"We believe they have received the message and may be on their way. Otherwise, they might be off doing who knows what. We haven't heard him in I believe a decade..." William took a puff from his pipe and sighed once again. "That man."

"Well, regardless, Lady Caterina needs all of her Agents working together before something does indeed happen and we have another war on our hands. Even if we can stop this madness before it ruins our beloved Vatican City and the neighboring states. What I fear most is that if we don't find out what's really going on and how to stop it soon, the humans will act out against the vampires upsetting the balance between the two." Vaclav stroked his facial hair. "We have some trouble brewing in the world... Something we might not be able to control."