Chapter 7

Lots of things happened at once. Gwen quickly pulled Miles into a hug and his parents quickly did the same. "Mi hijo!" Rio cried as she pulled Miles into a hug.

"Guys can you let me go? I'm suffocating." Miles said with strain. All three of them quickly let go of him but continued to smile at him which made him feel awkward. "So what did I miss?"

"Not much, you were only out for a few days." Gwen said with eyes full of tears of joy.

"Well, we did meet Gwen's dad." Jeff said. That's when Miles saw him standing near the door of the room. He was smiling but clearly felt awkward watching all the people crowd Miles while he stood there and watched. When he realized everyone was looking at him, he decided to walk up to Miles and greet him for the first time.

"Mr. Stacy, nice to meet you."

"And you, Miles, but please, call me George."

An awkward silence filled the room before Rio decided to break it and announced that they all should get something to eat. Everyone agreed and were about to leave when they suddenly heard someone screaming. They looked and saw George laying there while twitching and was changing colors. He finally stopped and was breathing hard before standing up.

"What happened?" Jeff demanded.

"He's glitching." Miles said in a quiet voice.

"Glitching? No such thing as a human Glitching. Right?" Rio tried to say confidently but had a noticeable shake to her voice.

"If a person stays in a different dimension too long their atoms begin to break apart which will eventually make you disintegrate." Gwen explained while helping her dad to stand.

"How come you haven't been Glitching then?" Jeff asked.

"I have a device that stabilizes my atoms so I won't glitch in a different universe. Same with Miles, that's how we visit each other." Gwen replied with a little annoyance. She obviously was not in the mood to talk more about Glitching at the moment. "I need to bring my dad back to our dimension. I'll visit tomorrow."

"I'll come with you." Miles quickly said as be struggled to get out of the bed.

"No!" everyone in the room shouted as Jeff pushed him back to the bed.

"I don't care how strong your healing powers are, you are staying here until the doctors say you can leave." He said with a commanding tone.

"But I'm strong enough to go!" Miles pouted.

"Mi hijo, listen to me. You may think you are strong enough, but we don't want you to hurt yourself again when you aren't completely healed."

"I won't get hurt."

"Miles." Gwen said as she walked toward him. She bent toward his ear and whispered to him. After a minute Miles relaxed as Gwen stood back up.

"OK, I will."

"Good." Gwen said as she bent down again to peck Miles' cheek. Both of them not noticing the number of smiles on all of the adults' face as they saw this and all thought the same thing. Only one thing is able to give two people such a connection to each other. True love. And they all were witnessing it with Gwen and Miles.

Gwen walked back to her dad and opened a portal and helped him go through it before closing the portal.

Miles and his parents sat in silence before his mom said she was going to get some food for them. Miles and his dad were trapped in another awkward silence before his dad decided to break it.

"Miles, we need to talk."

"About what?"

"About you. And spiderman."