Chapter 20

Gwen woke up in a dark and cold room. She slowly got up and looked around the room for any way of getting out. She suddenly tripped over something and fell flat on her face.

"What the..."

She tried to see what she tripped over, but couldn't see a thing due to the room being pitch black. She moved her hands around to see if she could find something when she felt an arm.

"Why is there an arm here?" She quietly asked herself.

Suddenly, the arm moved away and was met quickly with a punch to the jaw. The person then pounced on her and held her arms back so she couldn't fight back.

"Who are you?" A familiar voice hissed in her ears.

"Cindy? Is that you?" Gwen felt the arms quickly pull away.

"Gwen? Yeah it's me. How'd you get here? Do you know where the others are?"

"N-no I don't." Gwen felt a wave of fear pass over her. She had no idea what happened. All she remembered was fighting a bunch of robots then nothing. Was she dead? Did Morlun win? Is Miles dead? No, don't think that. She thought to herself.

Silk seemed to be able to read her thoughts and placed her hand on her shoulder. "Don't think about them right now. I'm scared for Miguel too but right now, we need to find a way out of here." Gwen nodded and kept looking for a way out.

They kept looking for a while until a sudden burst of light filled the room. Gwen squinted at the light as her eyes adjusted to it and saw a man standing there with a limp.

"Who are you?" Silk asked him.

"I'm here to help you get out of here. If you follow me, I can get you out safely." The man replied with a shaky voice.

"And why should we trust you? We don't even know your name." Gwen challenged him.

The man sighed. "My name is Tony. I'm helping you because the person who put you here hates me. Anything to get him back would mean the world to me."

"And why would he hate you?" Silk asked.

"We used to be friends, he wanted to rule the world, I didn't, we fought, and now we want to kill each other."

Gwen and Cindy looked at each other.

"Should we trust him?" Gwen quietly asked.

Cindy shrugged. "It's not like we have much of a choice. If we stay, we'll die. If we go with him, we could still die but there is a chance of making it through."

Gwen nodded then turned to Tony. "Alright we'll trust you."

Tony nodded. "Good. Follow me, it's going to get really dark but just keep moving forward no matter what. After about a mile, there should be a lot of light. Then you should be able to go back to your dimensions."

"Wait, you know about us?" Gwen asked.

"I've seen a lot of weird crap throughout my life. People from different dimensions is like a normal Tuesday for me. Plus, I'm from a different dimension myself. So I know what those things are." He pointed to the dimension hoppers. Gwen looked at her wrist and saw her dimension hoppers still there. "Now come on, we don't have all day."

They started walking down the darkness until they saw some light at the end of it.

"There it is!" Gwen shouted. The three all ran to it. "Come on! Let's go find Miles and Miguel!"

Cindy and Gwen were about to text them when Tony slapped both of their hands.

"Don't do that, not yet."

"What? Why not?" Gwen asked.

"Because right now, if they know you're alive, they will die."

"What do you mean?" Cindy asked.

"I cant explain right now. Just know that challenges, hard challenges, are coming your way. I'd advise both of you to stick close. You won't survive alone."

"What is that even supposed to-"

Before Cindy could finish her sentence, Tony quickly opened a portal and left.

"What just happened?" Gwen asked.

Cindy sighed. "I don't know, but right now we just need to focus on getting out of here. My dimension hopper isn't working."

Gwen tried to open a portal but saw that her dimension hopper too didn't work.

"Just great." She muttered.

"Come on, we need to find a way out of here soon or we're gonna start glitching."

Gwen nodded and followed her to who knows where. All she knew was that it was probably gonna be a while until she could come back home.