Chapter 14

Miles woke up on top of a rooftop in a sitting position. He didn't know where he was and why something was leaning on him. Then he turned around and saw Gwen sleeping and leaning on him. He then remembered what happened the previous night and was filled with happiness again.

She slowly began to wake up and smiled when she opened her eyes and saw Miles staring at her. "Hey."

"Hey."

"Crazy night last night wasn't it?" Gwen said as she got up.

"Yeah, it was." Miles said as he got up as well. "At least it's the good type of crazy."

Gwen giggled. "Yeah, I guess it was." They stood in a comfortable silence until Gwen started tapping her dimension hopper. "I have to go back to my dad. I'll see you later."

Miles kissed her before she walked through the portal and watched her go. He sighed after the portal closed and started swinging towards his house to tell his parents the good news.
---------------------------------------------------------
A few days later, Miguel had the spiderfam to come to his dimension. When he arrived, Peter was blown away by all of the futuristic tech there. He kept admiring the tech until Miguel started to talk.

"I have good news and really bad news." He said as he started to type on a massive computer.

Why is there always bad news. Peter thought.

"The good news is that I did indeed get some help from other spider people. Meet Silk, Spider U.K., Spider-Woman, Scarlet Spider, and, the strongest of all spiders, Cosmic Spider Man or Captain Universe."

All of the new spiders waved at the spider fam. Cosmic seemed the most impressive with what seemed to be a glow around his whole body.

"And to the bad news, Morlun is still not appearing, but the Inheritors are. They already defeated at least 15 spiders by now and are most likely coming for us soon. We need to be ready for anything now. I don't know when they're gonna come, but I'm betting it's within a week. Remember, call us if they come to your dimension and don't do anything stupid, got it?" Everyone nodded in understanding to Miguel. "Good, I'll call you if I have more news, you all can go now." Nobody opened any portals but instead started to say hi's to each other. "Or say hi, I guess." Miguel said as he walked towards the large screen to talk to Lyla.

Peter immediately went to Cosmic Spiderman to talk to him. "Hey, I couldn't help to notice you kinda have some glow around you." Peter said as he approached him.

Cosmic chuckled. "I have a kind of power that makes me much stronger than a normal spider and gives me this little glow. It's called the Enigma Force."

"Wow, I kinda want something like that."

Cosmic chuckled again. "No you don't. It makes you a bigger target. Enemies that are a lot more powerful than the green goblin or something keep wanting to kill me."

"Really? Like who?"

"I'd rather not bore you."

Peter chuckled this time. "I'm a middle aged man who went through a whole stage of eating pizza, not much can bore me."

"Very well, I shall test that." Cosmic said as he walked away with Peter.

Miguel was typing on the large screen as Lyla watched him. She knew why Miguel didn't want to talk to people and she worried for him. "Miguel, why don't you take a break and talk to the people? Straying from talking won't make everything right."

Miguel paused for a moment and sighed. He looked over to the small crowd of people in the room and looked for Miles and Gwen. He found them holding hands and talking to Silk and Spider U.K. who both were also acting quite friendly with each other. He sighed before returning to the screen. "I'll be fine, I need to find these Inheritors anyways."

"Very well." Lyla said even though she heard a very slight shake in Miguel's voice.

Miguel continued to work when a flash appeared on his screen and zoomed into a small dot and showed a picture of a heavily polluted version of New York appeared next to the dot. Must be where they are. Miguel thought as he ran up to the group. "Shut up everyone!" He shouted. Lyla cringed when she heard this. I think I may have hit a nerve. She thought.

"I know where the Inheritors are." Miguel continued. "Everyone, type in Earth 8351 into your dimension hoppers. Except for Cosmic and Peter B., you two seem to get a long well so I need you to stay here in case Morlu shows up, got it?" They both nodded. "Good, everyone else, let's go."

When everyone arrived to the new dimension, they were all immediately met with the sight of one of the Inheritors killing the spiderman of the dimension.

One of the Inheritors saw them and grinned. "Finally, a better challenge, I needed some better training instead of these lone spiders, don't you think Daemos?"

The man that just killed the spiderman sneered and nodded in agreement. "Indeed Verna. Jennix, Bora, Brix, let's kill these fools."

All of the Inheritors suddenly dashed towards the spiders and attacked. Bora and Brix easily took care of Spider U.K. and Ham by running around them quickly and throwing punches at them.

Jennix went for Noir and Peni and quickly dashed to them to pick up sp//der and threw it towards Noir. Then he picked up Noir and pushed him into the wall, forcing Noir to lose consciousness.

Verna used her hounds to attack Spider-Woman and Scarlett Spider. They got distracted by the hounds and didn't see Verna quickly run up to them to knock them out cold.

Silk and Miguel tried to attack Daemos but he quickly grabbed both of them and threw them to the ground. Miguel took out his claws and clawed his face, but it had little affect. Silk shot webs to Daemos' feet but he immediately tore them off and grabbed her. "I will have my fun with you." He sneered as he looked at her greedily.

"Hands off of her, freak!" Miguel said as he sliced Daemos near the heart which had a little more affect than the face but not much. Daemos grabbed both of them and smashed them to a car nearby.

Miles and Gwen tried to attack the two twins after they quickly defeated Ham and Spider U.K. but were blocked by Jennix. "Not so fast, you two." Verna said behind them. Holy, these guys are fast. Miles thought to himself as he got a venom shock ready. "Children, my favorite meal." Verna said before they all attacked the two.

Miles blocked a punch from Daemos and venom shocked him before getting punched at the back of his head by Jennix. Daemos joined his brother and they both punched Miles into a building, knocking him out.

Gwen tried to escape Verna's hounds but that only gave the opportunities to the twins and Vernal to attack her. She was quickly knocked out by the three and could barely move on the ground.

They were soon joined by Daemos and Jennix and looked at Gen who was unconscious. "Morlun told us to kill her first." Verna said as she picked up Gwen.

Miles slowly got up and saw Verna pick Gwen up. No, not again. He thought as he struggled to get up.

Verna was about to bite down on Gwen when a web suddenly took Gwen's body away. The Inheritors turned to see Miles stand there with his suit torn and glowing with electricity again. "You don't touch her unless I'm dead!" He shouted as he charged two venom shocks on both of his hands.

"That can be arranged." Jennix sneered as the Inheritors all ran towards Miles

Miles waited for the group to reach him before jumping up and used his venom shock on the ground which caused the bolts to travel across the ground and blast the Inheritors. They all quickly got up and we're clearly angered by the blast and dashed towards Miles.

"Let's fight." Miles muttered.