Chapter 27

Miles woke up feeling sore in his back and with a numb right arm. He soon realized that he spent the night sitting up while sleeping. Miles tried to stand up and stretch out the soreness in his back but felt heavy resistance from his right side. He looked over and saw Liz peacefully sleeping next to him with her head resting on his shoulder as she slept quietly. Miles smiled at her peaceful form.

She's beautiful even when she's asleep

Miles slowly began to close his eyes to go back to sleep. He unconsciously lifted his arm to check the time on his dimension hopper before fully closing his eyes.

7:15

Miles slowly drifted off to sleep and didn't think much about the time. Eventually though, his brain woke up and realized the problem. His eyes quickly sprang open in worry.

Agh! I'm going to be late for school!

Miles knew he needed to rush over but remembered about Liz on his other side. He gently shook her to wake her up. Soon, he saw her eyes slowly open up and look at him.

"Miles? What are you doing here? What are we doing here? Where are we? What are you wearing?" She asked confused, clearly not remembering what happened last night.

"We're on a rooftop right now because we fell asleep here and I'm wearing a suit right now because... you know." Miles wasn't sure if he really wanted to explain everything right now.

"Oh yeah. You're spiderman. I forgot." Liz rubbed her eyes, saving Miles the time to go through that long explanation.

"Why'd you wake me up though? What time is it?" Liz looked at her phone to check the time. Her eyes widened as she realized how late it was. "Oh, yikes, it's really late." She seemed surprised but not nearly as stressed out as she was.

Miles was confused by her relatively calm reaction. "Why aren't you that worried."

Liz shrugged and answered his question. "We're standing on my apartment right now and I can easily walk to school from here. It doesn't take me that long."

"Oh. Well, I really need to get going. My class starts soon and it's far away. You'll be ok, right?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine."

"Are you sure?" Miles asked.

Liz laughed lightly. "Yes Miles, I'll be fine. I don't need a superhero to make sure I get to school. You just stay out of trouble."

Miles laughed back. "Alright, stay safe."

Liz rolled her eyes but smiled back. "I will." Miles leaned in to kiss her before jumping off the rooftop to swing back to Vision Academy so he could quickly change into his school uniform and hopefully arrive to class on time.

Liz watched him as he swung away and sighed. She hated to see him go. There was still so much she wanted to talk to him about but it looked like it would have to wait. She didn't like it, but she was a patient person. She would wait till the end of the world just to see him again.

Miles was able to jump into his room with about 10 minutes to go which was enough time to put on his uniform and wash away any sweat on his face before arriving to class without needing to run. As soon as he arrived to class the teacher started his lesson.

Miles tuned out the teacher as he was going over things that he had already learned before. He took out a notebook to pretend to take notes while it was actually where all of his sketches had been.

There were several drawings of Gwen in there with some having him in them as well. Miles gently touched her face in one if the pictures and sighed as the memories started to flood in once again. He shook them out of his head before turning the pages to where he had started a sketch of Liz. He only had the outline of her head finished and began working on her hair. Time passed by quickly and he focused completely on his project.