Chapter 13

Peter struggled to get up. That guy can really punch someone. He thought as he lifted his head. When he saw Morlun choking Miles he did his best to get up and save him when he suddenly saw a white figure kick Morlun at the head. It can't be! Peter thought.

Miles was confused when Morlun suddenly dropped him. He thought it was so he could finish him off but he never got the punch he expected. When he looked up he nearly lost his breath again. It can't be! I'm dying and I'm just imagination things before I die. He thought but suddenly the figure hugged him. "Gwen? But how?" Miles said as he hugged her back and started to cry.

Suddenly Morlun walked up to them and tried to attack them. Miles dodged a punch from Morlun and webbed up his hand and swung him towards the wall. Gwen jumped and propelled herself towards Morlun and kicked him in the face while Miles did the same after her. Miles turned invincible as Gwen tried to Web up Morlun hands until Miles jumped on his shoulders and venom shocked him. Then he kicked him using the force from the electricity glowing around him to make Morlum smash through the wall.

When they got to the spot where Morlun landed, he suddenly disappeared.

"Must have gone to a different dimension." Gwen said as she pulled off her mask.

Miles suddenly pulled her in and kissed her with all the passion he had built up being crushed by her "death". When they pulled apart he didn't let go and hugged her, fearing that if he let go of her, she'd disappear again. "I missed you." He said before he started crying tears of joy.

"Me too." She said as she pulled him in to kiss him again.

Suddenly they heard someone clear their throats and saw the other spider people there.

"How are you alive?" Peter said, shocked.

"I don't know. At first I felt dead when suddenly I just felt something go through my body and I just woke up."

"Doesn't make sense, but I'm glad you're ok." Miguel said as they all crowded in and hugged her.

"Let go guys, I'm suffocating."

"Welcome to my world." Miles said jokingly as he pulled away. Gwen giggled and kissed Miles on the cheek.

"What do we do now?" Peni asked.

"Well, chances are, Morlun needs to get his strength back after that beating, but he is going to be back. I'm going to get help but in the mean time, everyone be on high alert. I don't know how long he's gonna take but it probably won't be long so don't do anything stupid if you see him. Call us before engaging if you do. Got it?" Everyone nodded. "Good, you can all go home now. I'll call everyone if I see him."

Everyone opened a portal to their dimension and walked through it. Miles stepped through his and was about to swing back to his home when he heard another portal open. He saw Gwen walk through it with a smile on her face.

"Did you really think I was going to leave after that?"

Miles grinned. "I guess not." He kissed her before sitting on the edge of the rooftop as Gwen sat down next to him and rested her head on his shoulder. "How are you even alive? I saw him kill you."

"I don't know. As I said, one moment I was dead, the other I'm alive. Crazy."

"I'm not complaining." He said as he kissed her head. "You must be exhausted though."

"Yeah, I am. I'd rather eat though."

"Wanna get a burger?"

"You read my mind, spider boy."

The two swung over to the nearest burger shop and order their food. After they got the food, they swung to the top of the shop and ate their food there. They started talking when Gwen took a handful of Miles' fries.

"Hey! Those are mine!"

"I just died. Respect the dead." Gwen said as she took more.

"Oh please don't pull that one on me." Miles pouted.

"Fine, but I haven't eaten any actual food in the last two weeks."

"Why didn't you just go to a dimension and eat something there?"

"My dimension hopper got fried. The only thing working was whatever prevented me from glitching. I had Miguel fix it for me before I came here though."

"Huh, that's a quick fix."

"Yep, he just said, 'Lyla, fix the hopper.' and it was fixed. The future seems awesome."

"Sure does." Miles said as he finished his meal. He sighed as he stared at the sky. "I missed you. A lot. It broke me when I saw him do that to you."

"I missed you too. I wish I could've gone to you and tell you that I was ok." Gwen said as her eyes started to fill up.

Miles saw that and wiped the tears away. "It's ok. I know now and I couldn't be happier." He said as he kissed her. When they pulled away, he felt his eyes droop. Then, for the first time in weeks, he slept peacefully.
---------------------------------------------------------Morlun stormed towards where his family was. "Father!"

"What is it, Morlun?" Sorlun said as he approached Morlun.

"I just killed a spider and somehow they survived. How is this possible?" Morlun shouted.

"It is rare, but sometimes, if a person loves someone and the two of them are together as you feed, they can share life forces. The other must have given some of their life force to them without even knowing."

"Then I will kill them both." He shouted.

"Morlun, you must gather strength first. Have your family continue the Hunt until you are fit to continue." Sorlun said.

"Very well." Morlun sneered as he disappeared.

"My family, the Hunt, begins." Sorlun said to the Inheritors after Morlun left. The large group cheered as they gathered their weapons.