All by yourself

Author's note

Hey guys! Sorry for not updating! I'm kinda stuck with studies. I said to myself that I would update 2 chapters today, but something happened and I can just update one, sorry!

I hope you like it! It took me some hours to get the drawing of this chapter done but it just turned out bad. Sorry again ^^;

_______

Now it was evening. Heltinne and Astrid just came back from their 'adventure', they're at Astrid's little workshop at the back of her house. Both breathless and dirty from running.

"That..." Astrid said then paused to take a breath. "Was the best thing I ever did in my life!" she concluded with an exciting smile.

"I know, right?" Heltinne said, still trying to catch air. She was never the athletic type.

"Okay, so, " Astrid said as she sits on the chair of her writing desk. "You know when I said that we already have what we needed?"

"Uh... Oh! Now I remembered it! You screamed that before we started running, right?" The other girl said as she got closer to Astrid, still trying to control her breathing.

Astrid opened her hands, there were lizard scales.

"Scales...?" Heltinne looked confused at Astrid.

"Dragon scales."

Heltinne's eyes winded. She looked at Astrid and then back at the scales. Well, now that she says that, it really is that dragon's skin color and they are pretty big to be of a normal lizard. She looked back at Astrid again. "How..?"

"While you were talking to that rabbit like a kindergarten teacher, I noticed these gems on the ground." The taller girl said and then put the scales on the desk. "We already have 2 shreds of evidence."

"Two?" The smaller asked.

"The book and these scales." She answered. "Tomorrow we are going to get more."

Tomorrow? She isn't thinking of coming back... Is she? Heltinne though. In fact, it is really weird for Astrid to want to come back to that dragon's place, after all, she was the one to say that they're a hostile species. "You don't mean... That we will come back there again, right?"

"But of course we are going! We need more of this if you want people to believe in us!" Astrid replied.

"But... Wasn't you the one that said that they're super aggressive towards humans and all?"

Astrid eyes winded in surprise, almost as if she forgot something. Something really important.

"Did I said that? I don't remember..." She answered, scratching the back of her head, with a yellow smile. She's hiding something.

"Uh, yeah. You literally said 'Never cross his path, they're known to be very aggressive towards humans'." Heltinne said as she looked at Astrid with suspicious in her eyes.

"Really?" Astrid became more nervous.

"Really," Heltinne said with a serious tone. She looked even more suspicious about the whole situation. "Astrid, are you hi-"

Heltinne was interrupted by the sudden jump of Astrid. "Look, it's already late and I'm really tired, so it's better if you go to your house and rest," Astrid said as she grabbed Heltinne by the arms and dragged her outside. Heltinne was now by the door of Astrid's workshop, with an extremely confused, lost and indignant expression on her face. "Okay? Okay. Bye!" Astrid closed the door in her face.