Exploring, but it gone wrong

The two girls were now outside of the workshop and really away from any other people.

  They're still making their way towards that pit where Heltinne found the creature. She was still trying to figure out what Astrid wanted to do, but that was just one problem, the other was the giant lizard following her on the trees.

  She could hear the dragon walking and jumping from tree to tree and making a small wind while doing so, it was quite scary for her. To be honest, almost everything that happened in these last days is scary.

  Before they could go to the forest, Heltinne insisted on packing somethings that she forgot in her room, but she was still with the feeling that she forgot something.

  After some long minutes of walking and awkward silence, they made it into the hole. Astrid was excited, smiling from ear to ear, after all, she spent almost all of her life believing that dragons exist and now she has a way to prove it! Before she slides down to the pit, she admires the sight.

  No wonder why this is the home of that dragon. Astrid thought. "That dragon..." she repeats to herself and realizes something very important.

  Heltinne was right behind her, trying not to fall like before. "A-Astrid? Why didn't you go yet?" She asks, watching carefully her steps.

  No answer. Heltinne moved her attention from her feet to Astrid and noticed that the girl seemed to be lost in thought.

  "Astrid?... Astrid are -" The girl was stopped in the middle of the sentence.

  "A name..." The black-haired girl turned her face to the other girl's face. She certainly was in pure excitement, her face showed that.

  "A what?" The smaller girl asked in confusion, and right after that she slipped and fell. Screaming of course.

  Astrid could only shout "HELTINNE!" before she fell downhill.

______

  Astrid got up, looked for any damage on her body, there was nothing. She signed in relief.

  "Hey, Heltinne are you okay?" Astrid asked, but nobody answered. "Heltinne?" She called the other girl. Still no answer.

  Now she was a little nervous.

  She started to look around, in hope to find the redhead - it was useless.

  "Calm down. She must be somewhere near... We fell from the same place and here is pretty open, so there are too little chances that she -"

  "Astrid."

  The girl heard Heltinne call her, but she couldn't see her anywhere. Was she so worried that she started to get crazy?

  "Look. Up."

  Astrid turned around and looked up. There she is! A little Heltinne hanging on the air by the coat. Her expression was a mix of anger, fear, and panic. Her pose was almost like a T-pose, but the arms were in a curvy position. In resume? She looked like a gremlin scarecrow.

  Astrid stared at her for a few seconds before asking something very important.

  "What the hell?"

  "The dragon."

  Suddenly, everything made sense for her. She stayed silent for some more seconds.