See you again tomorrow

Birds are singing, a slightly warm wind blowing outside, the sunlight is getting inside the room. A perfect morning, but not for Heltinne. She got up 1 hour earlier than normal, she had to think of an excuse to tell Astrid.

  "I could tell her that I'm going out with my mom..." She said, sitting on her bed, clothes changed and all clean, writing on her notebook. She's wearing a bluish-green t-shirt, a blue legging, and the same snickers and jacket as yesterday, nothing too extravagant since she wanted to get into the forest unseen. "No, she could see my mom and ask her that."

  Heltinne put a hand on her chin and thought harder.

  "You know what?" She closed her notebook, landed it aside her and got up. "I will just come up with something when I get there."

  Heltinne took her bag from the ground and got out of her room, walking to Astrid's house. Her mother and father already left from there to work, so she was all by herself.

  I can do this!

  Heltinne was now in front of the door of Astrid's workshop. She knocked. No answer.

  She knocked again.

  "Yes?" Astrid opened the door and her eyes winded. "Oh... Harvey!"

  "It's Heltinne, you should know that from now!" All of Heltinne's worries were gone. Now there's just annoyance.

  "Meh, I'm not good with names." Astrid scratched her head.

  "So, I'm here to tell you something..."

  "I have something to say too."

  "What if we both talk on 3?"

  "Okay. 1...2... -"

  "I can't go with you today!" Both of them said in unison. "Huh? Really?" They did it again.

  "Why can't you go?" Heltinne asked, trying to break the union.

  "Well, I'm very busy today. My grandma wants me to help her take care of the house." Astrid said. "And prepare a traditional party because one of my cousins are coming."

  "Oh, I understand, it's okay!" Heltinne said as she walked away in small paces. "Then what about tomorrow?"

  "The thing about this 'party' is that it will take a... Few days to get done."

  "Oh. Okay. Then when?" Heltinne asked, trying to hide her excitement. She must be very lucky.

  "Maybe... Next week?" Astrid said.

  "Really? Don't you think you need more time? I mean, it's a tradition! You must work very hard to get it done! What about 3 weeks?"

  "Sounds good to me. Bye!" She closed the door quickly, almost as if she didn't even care what was the reason behind why didn't Heltinne could go with her. But then she opened it again. "Hey, hear me out." She looked deep into the other girl's eyes. "Don't go there without me, okay?"

  Heltinne just nodded and Astrid closed the door again.

She looks very busy. That means I can go see him without any problem.

  Heltinne walked away. "Well, that was easier than I thought, now I just gotta go where we saw the dragon yesterday..." She murmured to herself.

  The girl walked almost an hour to find where she went yesterday. Just now she noticed that it will not be easy without Astrid, but she could do it.

  Or maybe not.

  Heltinne is now glancing at the big stone wall.

  How the bloody hell do I get up there?