Big trouble

Heltinne had her first true contact with the mysterious reptile and, even if it was just for some minutes, she enjoyed it. I mean, who wouldn't enjoy it? Being in the presence of such an incredible creature!

I'm really lucky. The girl thought.

She was, indeed, really lucky, considering all the things that have happened - The wolf didn't kill her, she survived at least 3 times from death situations, Astrid has no idea that she's there, etc.

Heltinne walked happily through the forest in the direction of the village. It's still morning, so she had to think of something to do for the rest of the day.

Maybe I could look for mom...Or dad... Or I could help Astrid... Or I could stay in my room... Or- Heltinne's thoughts were interrupted by a noise coming from behind her. She turned around slowly. Please don't be a wolf, please don't be a wolf, please don't be a wolf! She saw nothing.

She searched around with her eyes the possible causes of the noise, still scared if it was or not a wolf. Still nothing.

The girl decided it was better for her to get out of there as fast as possible, so she turned around again, but this time she found something.

The dragon was there, hanging upside down on a tree and staring at her

Heltinne jumped frightened. Her eyes widened, her heart was beating fast and her breathing stopped for a second. She backed away from the creature, just a few steps.

The dragon continued to observe her, calmly. When Heltinne noticed that they didn't want to harm her, she relaxed, but just a little bit.

She looked behind her and then back at the reptile a few times before realizing the oblivious. "You was following me?"

They stayed in silence and staring at her.

She raised her hand, gesturing that she was about to complain, but soon put it down and made a confused face.

"Wha-... Why are you following me?" She asked again, but it was more to herself than to the dragon since the animal couldn't talk.

She stopped to think and no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't find a reason why they were following her. Until...

"You have something in your mouth..." She said.

The dragon suddenly moved and made their way to the ground. When they were sitting in front of Heltinne, they got his head closer to her and opened their mouth, letting a thing slip out of there and fall into Heltinne.

She grabbed it, still not knowing what it was. "What... is this?" She started to analyze it. " It's... sticky, wet, reddish and full of- OH MY GOD!" She put it away from her but didn't throw it. "Is this- Oh God no..."

Heltinne was about to throw up but was still holding the thing.

"It's raw meat... Raw bird meat..." The girl was turning green.