Twenty

Stan’s POV

Kyle and Kenny both came back to my house with me. We looked for Cartman and forced him to come with us too, I'm not really sure why…

When we got in, we headed straight for my room.

“Stan, can I talk to you for a minute?” dad soon asked, I just shrugged and followed him out.
“So, you brought your friends home with you?”
“Yea?” I stared at him blankly.
“…Are they all gay too?”
I pinched the bridge of my nose with a sigh, shaking my head.
“Really dad? What are the chances of that?” I groaned, returning to my room, shutting the door behind me.

“What was that about?” Kyle asked as I sat down beside him.
“I kinda told him I was gay the other day and now he's just asked if you guys all are, too…”
“You actually told him?” Kyle looked surprised.
Cartman was laughing for about half a minute before really realising what I'd said.
“Hey! I'm not gay!” he yelled.
We all just laughed. “So, who’re you with for this whole earning the party thing, fatass?” Kenny grinned, leaning against Cartman.
Cartman looked at him in disgust.
“Ugh, I'm with Heidi, Butters and Wendy”
“Good luck with that~!” Kenny said jokingly.
“You’ve actually got a pretty smart group there” Kyle said.
“Yeah, but don't make them do everything asshole” I then added.
“Don’t call me asshole, asshole!”
We all just laughed, except for an annoyed Cartman.

“Am I dealing everyone in?” Kenny asked.
We played cards for a while, it was kinda fun, but not as exciting as other things.
I leaned over to whisper something into Kyle's ear.
“Hey, we could ditch these guys and go make out or something” I whisper. “I’m pretty sure these two wouldn't even notice if we were gone”
“Whatever, but take protection” Butters stated, just looking through his cards.

He heard me?!

“Right, guess it's time to go” Kenny sighed, getting up. “Kyle, I'll walk back with you-” he grabbed Kyle's arm, dragging him up to the door. Cartman wasn't far behind.

Once they'd left, I checked my phone for any messages. I was honestly glad there weren't.

Suddenly, my phone started ringing, it was Kenny.
“Hey?” I answered
“…” no response.
A pocket dial, maybe?
“Kyle, I think you should tell Stan?” I heard Kenny say.

Should I be listening?

“Yeah…” I could only just hear Kyle say. “I feel really guilty even though it was an accident…”

-‘What was an accident?’ I really wanted to say.

“You shouldn't be guilty, Stan probably feels worse…”

… He's right…

“One kiss is nothing compared to what he's done, I'm pretty sure I already told you this…”

Shit… I need to talk to Kyle…

I quickly type a message to Kenny, hopefully getting his attention, it read ‘Kenny, check your phone idiot!’

_______________________________________

Kyle's POV

I stood there with a sigh.
Kenny was right…

“Oh-” Kenny picked out his phone, showing it to me.

IT SAID HE WAS CURRENTLY ON CALL WITH STAN?!

“Whoops…” Kenny muttered,
He put the phone to his ear, about a minute later, giving it to me.
“He wants to talk to you”

I hesitantly took the phone out of his hand, answering it.
“H-hey, Stan…” I whisper into the phone nervously.
“Kyle… I think the way things are between us right now needs to stop…”

I completely froze, the feeling of guilt pulling my five foot under, butterflies in my stomach.

“But it's not your fault, I'm not bothered by an accidental kiss”

No, this feeling wasn't guilt anymore

“Listen Kyle…” Stan muttered. “As much as I love being with you, I don't. Somehow, I keep sleeping with Wendy, even though I don't want to. You're too nice a person and I'd only be hurting you. Kyle, I don't want to break you. I'm scared that I'll cheat on you again and again. I don't want to cheat on you. I don't want to be at risk of cheating on you. If we're not a couple or involved in that way, I technically can't cheat you. I'll always love you, but it has to end here…–”

I listened to the sound of static white noise after he cut off.
How pathetic, I didn't find the words to fight for anything in that call…

I stood there silently, soon dropping Kenny's phone to the ground, then backing away.

“Kenny… uh, I'll talk to you tomorrow…” I quivered. I felt like I could cry at any given moment and I was not proud of what I was about to do…

_______________________________________

Oh, I think this chapter was a bit shorter than most of my others, I'm sorry about that and the end of this chapter, please don't hurt me ;-;