Chapter 8

ZHAO POV

I heard Shen wei call my name, I couldn't move, I was to scared, he leaned down and picked me up. I held on to him tight, hiding my eyes, didn't want him to know.

When we got home, he tended to my wounds and asked

"Who did this Lan lan?"  I just shook my head

"Talk to me please" I shook my head again, and I was about to leave when he grabbed my hand pretty hard

"Yunlan, tell me who did this!" he yelled at me, and I looked up to his eyes and I could tell he was furious, I quickly looked away and ran to my room and locked it.

I couldn't stop crying, just wanted him to hold me. I'm afraid what he would do if he knew. Nana had told me a bit about his violent past, and I knew he might lose control if I told him.

I was laying in bed, tears still falling when I heard my door unlock. I should have known that he would have another key to the room. I heard him walk towards me, but he didn't say anything, he just got into bed with me, and pulled me closer to him, holding me tight, and whispered 

"I'm sorry lan lan " 

I felt myself getting calm in his embrace and drifted into sleep. 

SHEN POV

I snapped last night, why wouldn't he tell me who did this. He looked so sad when I yelled at him, I didn't mean to, but just knowing someone did this to him pissed me off beyond words. I heard him lock himself in the room, and could hear him crying. It hadn't even been a day since I promised myself that I wouldn't let him cry, and here I am, I made him cry.

I let myself in his room, and got into bed , and pulled him close, holding him tight through out the night. I could feel him relax right away in my arms, and it made me calm too.

In the morning I asked him if he was up for work today, and he just nodded, and I looked at his face, I must say he heals really fast, can barely see any signs of what happen yesterday.

"okay, you get ready while I take choco out for a walk"  He just nodded. 

After breakfast and all, we where on our way to work and I told him

"don't get off work without me anymore, wait at your desk, and we will leave together."  He nodded slowly.

When we got to work, I went up to surveillance and looked through it, after a while I recognized only 1 out of 4 , so I went to his floor. 

People got nervous seeing me there, I usually do my rounds on Mondays. I told everyone to line up, and walked slowly in front of them, looking into their eyes, then said

"something happen in the garage last night"

oh shit, don't tell me the newbie told on us

Bingo, I thought

"you, step out" and I got them all like that. Told them to follow me to my office. Thank god Yunlan wasn't there when we got there.

When they got into my office, I tainted the glass, and locked the door. I was pacing back and forth in front of them slowly, while looking at them. They looked nervous. Then I toke of my jacket

"I got told by security that something happen in the garage last night that involves you 4 and another person"

They still didn't say anything, so I toke of my watch and tie, and was folding up the sleeves on my shirt, then said