Chapter 6: I don't know how to say this...

Hey~ I'm taking time off homework to write now~

Hope you like it: Here's Chapter 6~

__________________________________________________________________

Miles' P.O.V.

I took Jessica's hand and lead her to somewhere I go when I want to think.

"You have got to be kidding me..." I heard Jessica mumble.

I chuckled and said, "This isn't what I wanted to show you. It's further into the woods."

She nodded as I kept walking. I stopped in front of what I wanted to show her and smiled at her reaction.

"Miles...it's beautiful." She whispered and I felt my heart speed up, glad that she loves it.

This is where I love to come, the abandoned lake in the woods. No one really knows about it so it's my secret place.

"I'm sharing my secret with you." I whispered in her ear, making her shiver.

She jumps away from me and walks towards the lake, bending down to touch the surface of the clear blue water.

"Thank you." She said. I looked at her in confusion and she turns her head to face me. I just stood there shocked, her face held so much innocence and it was glowing with the glistening water.

"W-why are you thanking me?" I wondered, trying to escape my daze. She giggled and fully stood up, turning completely around.

"You made me feel alive like when we skipped class for some ice cream, and I feel safe in your arms like when we were watching movies. What I want to say is that-" I stopped her before she could finish.

"I'm sorry!" I told her. She looked at me in confusion and a bit of hurt. But I knew I had to do this...

"I don't know how to say this... but I don't think we can be together." I told her. I instantly regretted my decision as her face fell and I could see tears forming. It took all my strength to not hold her and kiss her tears away.

"Are you...are you breaking up with me before we even got together?" She asked, sadness and pain evident in her voice.

"I wanted to show you this lake before we part ways. I do love you but you deserve better. I can't give you everything you want and need."

That was the last thing I said before I turned around and walked away. My heart dropped as I heard her cry out loud. I kind of wished she stopped me...

-----------------------------------

Jessica's P.O.V.

He....he left me...

He didn't even let me have a chance of confessing. Why did he make me fall for him, just to break my heart?

I stared at the lake with blurry eyes as tears kept pouring out. I watched him leave and I didn't stop him.

"Why....why did it have to be me?!" I screamed at the lake, as sobs escaped my lips.

I cried until I couldn't cry anymore. I headed back the way Miles brought me and it started raining. I looked up and let the rain consume me, before I walked home.

By the time I got home, I was drenched from head to toe, shivering. But I couldn't feel anything, I was numb...

How is it that he managed to break me this easily...?

I walked into my house, not looking at Miles' house or I might break down again. Luckily mom wasn't home or I would have to explain my situation and right now I want to be left alone.

I got changed and went straight to bed, letting the darkness consume my lifeless body.

-------------------------------------------------

Miles P.O.V.

I went straight home and to my room, not bothering to check if anyone's home. I stared out of my window as it started raining.

How could I do this? But maybe it was for the best...

I blankly stared at nothing until I saw a familiar figure walking towards their door. They were drenched in rain and my heart ached.

I checked the time and saw that it was 30 after I got home, which meant they were out in the rain for 27 minutes. It was my fault though...

Jessica entered her house and I wanted to go over there to soothe her shaking figure. But I knew better so I just went to bed.

The one thought that went through my head all night was how could I hurt her?

__________________________________________________________________

As I keep saying, I'm sorry fir updating late. I haven't really had the time.

I'll try and update at least once a week from now on.

And I know it's a short chapter so I'll make sure to write longer ones next time.