Chapter 7: I'll make sure to give him a beating

I know I said I'll write once a week, but I'm gonna try and write as many times as possible cuz I know how annoying it can be to wait for the next chapter.

Anyways, here's Chapter 7~

_____________________________________________________________

Jessica's P.O.V.

I didn't go to school for the next week. After being drenched in the rain, I was bound to be sick.

But I was only sick for the first couple of days. The rest I just didn't want to go to school and see Miles...

It's Saturday and I'm still upset about what he said... how could he do this to me...

I cried myself to sleep, and just the thought of him makes my heart drop.

At some point, my sadness turned into anger. How could I let this bother me? I'm a lot stronger than that!

I put on my purple hoodie and my red converse, put my phone and keys in my pocket and put my hood on. I went downstairs to see mom at the entrance of the kitchen.

"Oh, I was just about to go to you. You have been cooped up in that room all week and I was starting to get worried." She said with a genuine look.

I felt bad for making her worry like this so I walked up to her and hugged her, before telling her, "I'm going out for some fresh air. I'll be back for dinner."

She smiled and dismissed me, so I walked out the door and towards an abandoned park 10 minutes away from the house.

I was absentmindedly walking until I heard heavy footsteps behind me. I discretely looked behind me to see a man following my every footstep about 2 meters away. Ugh great...

I decided to take a detour just to find that the man was still following. I started getting scared and ran when I heard the footsteps getting closer.

We ended up running to the abandoned park and I noticed a figure at the swings. I tried calling out for help but it was taken over by the scream that left my mouth when the man behind me grabbed my hair.

I was probably hallucinating but I think I saw him holding a knife. Nope, I felt a cool metal being lightly pressed against my neck as he held me up, my hands behind my back.

"You listen to me little lady, you're gonna fulfil my needs so you better quietly come with me and get this over with." The man said in a scary whisper.

I was scared of the knife pressed against my neck so I made a noise of acceptance.

The man was dragging me with him, which was then I realised who was at the swings. He was running full speed towards us, the man holding me having no idea, and the man was shoved down to the ground, me being pulled the opposite way.

I gasped in relief and shock as I saw Alex punching the guy with a face full of so much anger that even I got scared.

"You stupid piece of crap! Don't you ever touch her again!" Alex shouted at the retreating man who had tears in his eyes, and I saw that his face was messed up from the punches.

Alex turned around and engulfed me in a hug, being careful not to hurt me. I held onto him, the situation suddenly creeping in on me.

"Thank you..." I breathed out, relieved by his presence. He just held onto me tighter, as if he was worried I would disappear.

I took a step back and he asked, "Are you okay? He didn't touch you did he?"

I shook my head, knowing what he meant. Then I took this as a chance to talk to him. Taking a deep breath, I gathered my thoughts as much as I could and finally spoke,

"Alex, we need to talk." I started and we headed to the swings where he originally was sitting. We took a swing each, silence taking over us again.

Alex then cleared his throat and I went straight to the point.

"I don't feel the same way you do. I'm sorry." I was genuinely sorry, I don't want to hurt him but I need to stop this sooner or later.

He sighed and looked up at the orange sky. He smiled sadly before looking at me. "It's okay, I knew you didn't feel the same but I just held onto that hope that maybe some day you would fall in love with me."

I nodded. He continued, "I think I'm actually getting over you. There's this girl... I just." He smiled to himself and I let out a chuckle.

"That's good. And I hope we can still be friends." I looked at him and he nodded, a wide grin on his face.

"Also why are you out so late?" He asked. I hesitated but then told him everything, from my crush on Brandon to meeting with Miles, up to the lake. I don't know why but I felt like I could trust him now.

Alex looked angry as I told him about how Miles left me there and he instantly hugged me.

"He's such a jerk. You're like a sister to me now so if I ever see him again, I'll make sure to give him a beating."

"No, please don't hurt him..." Alex looked at me in disbelief and I looked down. He shook his head before pulling me up with him.

"I'll give you a piggy back ride home since it's getting late." I nodded at his request, silently thanking him cuz my legs felt like jelly after what happened.

We were chatting and laughing all the way home. We were a couple of houses away from home and I saw the 'it' girl of our school, Michelle, at Miles' front door.

I felt my heart drop as Michelle and Miles were talking, and I held onto Alex tighter.

"Shh, it's okay. You deserve better." Alex tried to help but no matter what he says, he can't change what I'm witnessing and feeling.

I sighed and we got to my front door, and Alex tickled me on one side, making me giggle uncontrollably.

"Alex, s-stop!" I tried to scream in his ear but all I could do was laugh. Soon, Alex stopped to let me breathe and I sighed, finally getting some oxygen in my lungs.

"Well well well, if it isn't the school loser playing with Alex. Is this how you get all the boys to you Jessica, cuz that's kinda desperate." Michelle taunted and I scoffed.

"You shouldn't be talking. You slept with most of the boys in our school, I'm surprised no one caught AID's from you yet." I remarked, pissed off that she's talking to me.

Michelle glared at me before turning to Miles. "Miles baby, let's go inside now, I want to show you my kind of fun."

She made a purring noise and I scrunched up my nose at the hideous sound. Alex sighed before opening my door for me and leading me in.

Me and Miles gave each other sad and jealous looks as we headed to our own homes.

"Alex, how nice to see you! Would you be staying for dinner?" My mother asked with excitement. I nodded, wanting his company and he grinned, wholeheartedly agreeing to the free food.

I shook my head. Boys...

Thinking about boys made me think about Miles. My mood crashed down to the lowest level as I felt tears well up in my eyes.

Alex put me down on my bed once we got to my room and he kneeled on the floor in front of me, wiping away the tears that fell.

"It's okay Jess, he's not worth your tears. I know about your crush on Brandon and I think he likes you back. So how about I help you tomorrow to set you guys up. You do need a break from the neighbor from hell." He said with a chuckle and I smiled, nodding at his suggestion.

"Thank you Alex." I hugged him and he patted my back, just as my mom called us down for dinner.

I guess operation 'fall back in love with Brandon and make him fall for me' will take place tomorrow. But what I didn't know was that this operation turned out with a different outcome than expected.

____________________________________________________________

I'll write as much as possible so bear with me people.

Thank you for reading so far.