Chapter 11: Sleep with the snakes

Here's the next chapter~

_________________________________________________________________________

Miles' P.O.V.

I sprinted towards Jess, and pushed Chase just a little, his bullet hitting Jess's thigh.

If I didn't move, she would have been dead on the spot, a bullet to her heart.

After pushing Chase, I scrambled over to Jess, and saw her broken, fragile state. Anger pulsed through my veins while looking at the cuts a bruises.

Chase laughed. That bastard laughed! He got up, wiping his bloody nose which had come in contact with the floor when I pushed him.

"I might have missed, but by the amount of blood she's losing, she won't make it alive." He said with a grin.

"You hurt Jess, I swear I'll deform your face!"

I growled and jumped him, punching his nose, which is probably broken now. Punch after punch, letting out all the anger on his face, I was pulled back from Chase and I turned around, punching whoever pulled me away.

"Fuck! That hurt!" I looked up and saw Brandon. I gave him an apologetic look before rushing to Jess.

I pulled the ropes off her and pulled her into my arms. "Jess? Jess baby, please wake up." I whispered and picked her up bridal style, making sure not to hurt her.

"Brandon! Take care of him!" I shouted out before rushing out the basement. I saw Stephanie at the door with a worried look. She gasped at the sight of Jess.

"We need to get her to the hospital, now!" She screamed and I couldn't help but retort with, "No she needs to go to the zoo and sleep with the snakes!"

She scoffed before we ran out the house and towards my car. I put Jess at the back, making sure she's okay, before speeding towards the hospital.

I almost got stopped by the police, but I kept driving towards the hospital. No one is stopping me from helping my baby.

I rushed to the ER and shouted for a nurse to help.

2 hours later

I've been waiting 2 fucking hours, for at least one nurse or doctor to tell me how she is!

I waited another 30 minutes before a doctor came out of the surgery room, with a frown.

I jumped up from my seat and grabbed his collar, "How is she? Is she okay?" I asked in haste.

He pried my hands off him and cleared his throat.

"Well... she's not unstable. She lost lots of blood, and her body had too many injuries. However, we did as much as we can and her heart is beating normally. But..." he hesitated.

"But what?!" Me, Stephanie and Brandon asked, our voices laced with fear.

"She's..."

___________________________________________________________________

I know it's short, but I'll write again soon.

And I'll add more people in the next chapters.

Thank you for reading.