Chapter 45: The Beginning of the End P.1

The battle horn blew three times, signaling a battle. 
     Percy sat up, confused. The date last night was pretty good. Nothing went bad like things usually did. 

     Percy's gear was on. His sword was strapped to his side and his kunai knives were all strapped to his thigh. 
     He opened his cabin door to find the rest of the campers along with The Hunters getting ready. 
     It was raining a lot, constant taps were heard and for every step, there was a stamp as the foot hit the ground. The air was damp, the skies were dark grey. 
     Percy walked to the front of the line, where The Hunters were positioned. 
     Percy walked up to Artemis. 
"How many are there?" Percy asked Artemis.
"A lot."
"Estimated." 
"Question. Where the HELL is Perseus?" Percy asked. 
"Left yesterday. They thought we didn't need any help."
"So much for that." 
     The monsters started advancing. 
     Percy raised his hand as a sign for the archers to wait. 
     Time seemed to slow down as the monsters advanced. Percy's breath was slow and shallow. The Hunters pulled their strings for their bows and got an arrow ready. 
     The soldiers got their swords ready. Percy unsheathed his sword.
     Time seemed to go back to normal. 
     Percy signaled the attack. 
     The archers released their strings, the arrows started firing.  
     Percy let out a battle cry and the soldiers attacked. Percy remembered the training. Forget everything, don't let your mind control you. Forget everything, and start. Percy got closer and closer to the monsters.  
     The first monster got to Percy. Percy ducked down and sliced his sword through the monster. He rolled over and pushed away one of the monsters mid-roll with his heel. 
     The campers around him clashed into the monster and started swinging their swords.  
     The monsters blocked a lot of the attacks the campers sent, causing the Cameras to get confused, giving a chance for the monsters to kill them. 

     Percy swung his sword. The monster blocked. He ducked and swung for the leg of the monster, and the monster blocked. The monster kicked Percy's sword out of his hand. The sword of Percy scattered against the ground. 
     The monster tried to kick Percy's face. Percy moved his face to the right and grabbed onto the leg of the monster. He elbowed the monster's leg causing the leg to break. Percy grabbed one of his Kunai knives and cut the monster's throat. 
     Percy put back the Kunai and grabbed his sword and continued to fight. 

     Artemis shot her bow, it hit the shoulder of the monster. She advanced and got out one of her hunting knives. The monster sliced its sword. Artemis blocked the attempt and jabbed her leg at the monster leg. The monster fell and Artemis put her knee to the monsters neck.
     Artemis pushed the arrow she shot deeper into the monster's shoulder. The monster shrieked. Artemis stabbed the monster in the heart with her knife and got up. 
     Another monster attacked Artemis. The monster swung down with its sword. Artemis held up her bow as a defense, the sword cut the wood of the bow in half. The monster swung from the right again. Artemis ducked and rolled over behind the monster. She wrapped the string around the monsters neck and flipped the monster over her back. She got her dagger and slit the monster's throat. She got up and continued to fight.