Chapter 7

Chapter 7

We were out of breath by the time we made it to the building with Samantha's office in it. The kitten was trying to claw its way out of my arms so it could walk on its own but I just couldn't let go of it. Jacklynn and Leah laughed at my attempt to calm the cat. I sighed with relief as we knocked on the door to Samantha's room.

"Come in," said a muffled female voice that could only belong to the headmaster.

Jacklynn opened up the door to where Samantha was smiling at us behind her desk. Landon shut the door quietly and I let Culprit jump out of my arms and land daintily on the floor with a little thud.

"What do we have here?" cooed Samantha as she tried to Culprit's attention. Culprit, on the other hand, was having the time of her life as she swatted at a leather strap.

"I found her outside and I was wondering if I might be able to keep her?" I asked Samantha while looking at Culprit lovingly.

"Well, there are some rules that you must abide from, but," I glance up at her hopefully, "I see no reason for her to not be yours. You seem like a caring, loving, and responsible young woman."

I started jumping up and down with excitement, "Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"No problem my darling, what have you named her?" Samantha got up and sat down near the cat and started playing with it.

"Culprit," I said with smile. She looked up at my curiously, "Long story." Everyone around us started laughing at my understatement.

"Well, you'll have to get some cat supply but until then just put her in a box with a towel. I'll send up some cat food right away with a food dish and a cat box with litter. You'll have to buy the litter and the food regularly though." I nodded at her while picking up Culprit who meowed at me softly as I stared into her innocent eyes. "She's a cute one I'll say that."

"I know, isn't she? Well, I think we should start heading back. Jacklynn hasn't even moved in yet!" I looked over at Jacklynn and mouthed 'sorry' to her. She swiped her hand in the air dismissing my comment.

"Of course, you four have a good night and I'll see you at lunch tomorrow," Samantha said as she started to type away at her laptop. We took that as our cue and left her alone. The whole way back to the dorms Jacklynn would not stop talking about how awesome it is that we have a pet for our room.

We rounded the corner where the mail slots were. I looked at mine and sighed. I went over and pulled out some more mail. Leah was just staring at the bundle in my hand. "You got that much mail in just one day? You haven't even started school yet!" she said in amazement.

I sighed, "If you think this is a lot you should see the grocery bag filled with mail. Why do people even care about me? So what, I'm new here. It's not like I'm the only new kid though!" I let my mini rant turn off as Landon slipped a hand into mine.

"You're special Dae. You always have been always will be," Landon said while kissing my cheek goodnight. He went the opposite way from where I should be going even though I wanted to go with him. Sighing, I started to rub my temples feeling the pressure of a future headache.

"Hey, are you feeling alright? I mean you were unconscious for a day or so," Leah asked as she came over to me and started rubbing my back.

"I'm okay; it's just a slight headache. I think I'm going to go lay down if it's alright with you two. Can you move your stuff into my room by yourself?" I asked Jacklynn who nodded unsure.

"If she needs help, I'll help her. Go and take a warm bath and go to sleep. Nothing is too important that can't wait till the morning." A soft meow sprouted up between my arms. "Well, there is one," and we all started laughing.

I got to my room and saw a large box sitting near my unopened bags. I walked cautiously over and peeked inside. There was a bag of cat little and kitten chow lying on top of a litter box. A cute green plaid food dish lay on top of everything else and had a brown leather collar with pink spikes jutting from it. I took everything out except for the food and water dish and placed a towel in it. I set a sleeping Culprit in it and went to ransack my bags.

I pulled out some plaid flannel pajama pants with little penguins on them and just a random t-shirt that was about two sizes to huge. I grabbed my toiletry bag and went into the bathroom. Shutting the door, I flipped on the light switch and was amazed. The bathroom was huge! The walls were a calm green color while the floor was something that I thought was similar to a mosaic. I stood there for a few minutes with my mouth gaped open but then I remembered my headache. I flipped on a small shower radio and stepped into the hot water.

I just stood there while the water washed away all of my worries. I went through a mental list of what happened on my first day here. Number one, I woke up in a hospital. Number two, I met Mitch the helpful doctor. Number three, I met Samantha and learned the some minor things about this school. Number four, this school is hiding secrets. Number five, I'm not going to find out till next week. I sighed; this is going to be even more difficult than I thought. I continued on with my list. Number six, I met Landon. Number seven, I really like that guy. Number eight, I met Landon's friends. Number nine, I had an, er, encounter with Connor. Number ten; if I ever see that jerk again I'm going to kill him. Well, if Landon doesn't first. Number eleven, found a cat. Finally, number twelve; I have a raging headache that feels like it's going to kill me soon.

I stood there for a few minutes listening to Broken by Seether with Amy Lee. It practically described my life. I started singing with the Amy Lee. "The worst is over now," my voice cracked a little but immediately started to get stronger, "and we can breathe again; I wanna hold you high; you steal my pain... away. There's so much left to learn, and no one left to fight. I wanna hold you high and steal your pain... away!" I finished while looking at a random towel in a corner. How could my life become so messed up?

Sighing, I turned off the hot water and stepped out and grabbed a random towel from the stack on a stool. I wrapped the soft fabric around me and walked over to my toiletry bag. I took out a hair brush and some of this non frizzy stuff and set it on the counter. I slipped out of the towel and slid into my warm pajamas. I went back over to the mirror and brushed my wet hair that reached to about my waist. I gave my hair a little squirt of my non frizzing spray and left the bathroom. I threw my dirty clothing into one of the hampers and went to get on my bed.

My headache found some way to intensify to a level that I could barely open my eyes. I turned off all the lights and laid my head against my pillow waiting for sleep to find me. I have no clue how long I sat there trying to will myself to fall asleep. The next thing I know I hear some clanking around and a female voice softly cursing. I opened my eyes and turned on the little lamp beside my bed regretting it as soon as I did. I covered my eyes quickly. "Ouch, crap, not a smart idea," I said as I covered my head with my pillow letting my eyes to adjust to minimum light.

"Sorry!" said Jacklynn from somewhere to the left of me.

"It's fine. Not your fault," I groaned as I lifted my pillow to face her.

"You don't look so good Dae." Jacklynn immediately dropped her comforter on her bed and walked briskly over to me. To tell you the truth, I didn't feel so well either. Whatever the headache was, it left mass destruction in its wake.

.:. Kay, guys I know this wasn't much but it leads into the next part that I WILL post before Thursday :) PROMISE!!!!! Anyways, I'd like to thank all of you who take the time to comment and vote... I know you might not think it, but it really does mean a lot to me when I go on here and I see that I've gotten so many reads/votes/comments OH and before I forget, please check out this one story by Lilly26101 called Secrets of an Unknown Witch?! She's having trouble finding someone to read her AH-MAZING story :)

Kay Question of the Chapter is:

What matters more to you, looks, or personality? :)

LOVE YA!!!

Rachel .:.