Chapter 14 AND 15

Chapter 14

I stopped in my tracks and let my purse fall from my shoulder. Distant cries of horror and shock came from the parking lot but I was much too focused on that truck. I was counting my seconds till my last breath and there weren't much of them anymore. I know what you're thinking, 'Jump out of the way you freaking moron!' but if you were ever in this type of situation you would be paralyzed with fear too. I would say I peed my pants but I was too scared to even do that.

I felt the hot breath of the fiery red beast that was about to consume me. I could smell the gasoline that fueled its hunger. I closed my eyes and pleaded to God to make death a quick one. To not make me feel all the pain; to kill me softly so to say. The next thing I know the ground shifted from under my feet and I was flying through the air. I let out a blood curdling scream as I flew in the sky. So this is how it feels like to be hit by a truck? Surprisingly, I didn't feel any pain; just a tight gripping sensation around my waist. I landed on the unforgiving concrete and the grip around me let go and I slid across the hard pavement. I rammed into what I suspect was another vehicle. The car alarm blared along with the sharp pains in my side. I could feel my heartbeat in my head and I closed my eyes.

I suppose God didn't take mercy on me because this did not feel like he did. My arms, legs, head, my whole body felt like it was on fire. My side ached as if it got rammed into by a bull. A weird ringing sound in my ears blared out the car alarm. I just let my body lay on the pavement thinking that death would surely follow this accident. I mean come on, a truck ten times the size of me rammed into me! That meant death right?

I heard a screech of tires as the truck stopped. At least he had the decency to stay and watch my final breaths that he numbered.

"Dae, Dae can you hear me?" asked a soft male voice that I automatically knew was Caleb. Oh, Caleb! Why couldn't we have had a longer time together? "Dae, you need to open your eyes. You're not dead, I swear you're not." Wait, I'm not dead, but how? How could I not be dead? Unless someone saved me by pushing me out of the way... The thoughts of the grip on my shoulder floated into my head. Who saved me? I opened my eyes and saw Caleb smiling brightly at me.

"That's my girl. How badly are you injured?" I just kept on staring at those amazing blue eyes. I thought I'd never see them again. I leaned forward ignoring the pains that echoed throughout my body and pressed my lips to his. I wrapped my hands around his neck. His lips were cold at first with shock at first but he felt my passion and my weakness and kissed me back. It felt like fireworks went throughout my body. I was sad when he pulled back. He laughed at my expression and helped me up.

"Do I really look that bad?" I asked only partially joking.

"No, you look like a goddess who just came back from war; beautiful and strong." I blush a deep red at his compliment. I looked around at the shock faces of my friends. Jacklynn and Leah came running at me at full force and gave me a bear hug. So that's how it feels to be hit by a truck, but instead this time it's two teenage girls.

I sucked in a breath and let out an accidental hiss as they put pressure on my ribs. They both jumped back and looked guilty as I slump over onto Landon's side. "Sorry!" they both apologized at the same time. I stood away from Landon not wanting them to see how weak I really am. My head felt so light that I'm not sure that it's still on my neck.

"Are you really okay?" asked Mitchell as he looked at me quickly.

"Ya, not to be ironic or anything but it looks like you were just hit by a train." I smiled at both of them.

"Ya, I'm fine; just some cuts and bruises. Nothing that some warm water wouldn't fix," I smiled at them again but they just gave me weird looks. Well, all except for Jacklynn.