Chapter 20

.:. Okay first of all SORRY for not uploading!!  I've had to retype everything!!  Every single chapter!!  Stupid crashing computer!  I also had to do that with my other ones!! AHHH!!  Anyways, here you go!!  PLEASE FORGIVE ME! .:.

Chapter 20

          "Dae, I command you to put that fire out now!" Mr. Yapper said again.

          I sighed and just sat in a chair and looked at the fire growing brighter on my arm.  This has been going on for the last five minutes and nothing will get the fire off of me, not the extinguisher, not water, and not dirt.  I've figured out a cool thing though, it won't burn me or my clothes. 

          "Well do you have any smart ideas Mr. I'm-a-teacher-but-I'm-going-to-freak-out?" I said lamely.  It's the truth though.  He had cowered in the furthest corner from me ever since my hand lit up.  His eyes were wild with fear and distrust. 

          "You will not use that tone with me.  Now get that stuff off your arm!" he yelled at me.

          "What do you want me to do, chop off my entire arm?" I yelled at him.  The fire grew higher as my anger got hotter.

          "Well if that's what it takes to get that off you then yes!" he yelled at me while watching the fire fearfully. 

          "Urgh," I groaned and threw my hands in the air.  Fire flew off my finger tips and landed on the wall.  "Whoops!" I said as I got more water and put it on the fire on the ceiling.  It instantly vanished leaving steam but no fire.  Oh, so it get's put out if it's not on me but when it is it just has to be invincible to anything!  Great, just great!

          A door banged open and I heard clicking of heels.  Samantha popped her head in and looked around not seeing my arm at first.  "What's happening in-"she caught off when she saw my arm.  "Oh my Dae, what's happening to your arm?" she asked as she rushed over to me.   

          "I was playing around with fire and it sort of caught on fire?" I said as innocently as I could manage.

          "Does it hurt?" she asked.  Her brown eyes nothing but concern.

          I shook my head.  "No, actually it feels like a heat pad."  I smiled at her. 

          "How are we supposed to get it off of you?  Wait I know!" she said and pulled water from one of the bowls.

          "Don't do that it only makes it- too late." I sighed as the water mixed with the fire causing steam.  After the steam went away the fire was still there but bigger.  It started to crawl up my arm and down my side towards my broken ribs.  The sudden heat my ribs stung some and I involuntarily winced. 

          "What just happened?" Samantha asked cautiously. 

          "I don't know.  It does that whenever I try to use water or dirt against it.  Actually, it acts that way whenever I try to use another element and to tell you the truth it's getting really irritating!" I said with my anger getting larger.  Why does this have to happen to me? 

Familiar Voice: Calm down and take some deep breaths.

Me: Why do you sound so familiar?

Familiar Voice: I'll let you think about that.

Me: You sound like Ninja but you also sound like... ALEXIA JUNE!!!  I've figured out one of your names!
Alexia: You're a smart one.

Me: Hardy-har-har anyways, how do I get this to stop?

Alexia: You just need to calm down and take deep breaths.  Imagine the fire being sucked back onto the candle. 

Me: Okay, but if this doesn't work I'm screaming.

          I slowed my breathing down to normal and looked at the palm of my hand.  I willed the fire to go there.  Soon, the fire started to slowly make it down my pale arm.  It ended up in the palm of my hands.  I checked over my arm and saw that it looked exactly the same.  All the freckles were there and everything.  I put my hand over the candle and the flame dropped onto the wick.  I smiled proud that I did that.  I could actually half way control fire!

          Samantha looked just as relieve as I did.  She turned and looked at Mr. Yapper with scrutinizing eyes.  "You can get up now Professor Yapper," he got up and shaking legs.  He looked like he was about to pass out; no joke.  "I am thoroughly disappointed in how you acted tin this situation.  We're going to have a serious talk later," she said while giving him the mom look.  She looked over at me and fixed my hair some.  "Now, tell me did you get all the elements?" she asked with a gleam in her brown eyes.

          I looked down shyly and nodded my head.  I bit my lip and looked back up at her.  "Great!" she clapped her hands together and moved me towards the door.  It opened with a slight creek and we walked back out to the rep carpeted hall way.  "How would you like to go about this?"  I gave her a weird look and she sighed.  She stared me right in the eye, "Are we going to go right out and say that you're the savior or not?  Which element would you like to begin on or would you like to learn them all at once?"  I stared at her with my mouth agape.  I closed with a snap right when we walked into the dining room.

          "I-I'm not sure," I stuttered.  "Can I please have till the end of the day?" I asked her quietly.   How was I supposed to decide all that?  It's just too big of a role for me to take on.

          She gave me one of her famous warm smiles and rubbed my arms soothingly.  "Sure thing, I'll tell Professor Yapper to keep his yap shut too," I giggled a little at her bad joke.  Apparently I wasn't the only one to think that his name was funny.

          "Now go take your seat for lunch.  I have a few announcements to make," she said while pointing me towards my table.  I looked over and saw every friend I had looked at me weird; including Willow and Marne.  Here goes nothing!  I walked over to the table trying not to be my clumsy self.  Too bad I just had to run into one of the only people I didn't want to.  I had fallen on my butt so I was looking at his sneakers.

          "I'm so sorry," his deep voice said.  I looked up into the surprised green eyes of no other then Connor.  I gulped down the scream that was trying to escape.

QUESTION OF THE DAY!!:  Which is better, Dr. Pepper or Powerade? 

My answer: Dr. Pepper DUH!!  :)