Chapter 31 Can someone tell me if I'm off on my chap. contest info

.:. Okay, the contest is getting slimmer!!  Right now I've marked it down to three contestants.

Tied for First is Savage_angel67 Up in Flames and mine/Chelle228: Internal Flame with four votes each.

For second place it's MistDragon Sea of Flames with 3 votes

There's only going to be three contestants for the next round.  The rest of you didn't get any votes except for Nigerianangel247 who got 1 vote for Handling the Heat!!!!  Thank you all who sent in your lovely titles and voted for the titles!!!  I really appreciate it!!!  I'm just wondering... have any of you guys figured out that Connor's been missing?!?!  If not... SHAME ON YOU!!  Another thing... not many people have mentioned this, but, yes, Dae believes that her parents got murdered in the restaraunt fire... but question... if they were powerful Elementals then why didn't they save themselves from something as simple as a kitchen fire gone out of control?  Yep...  I'll let you chew on these questions for a while before I feel like answering them!!!  Enjoy the chapter!!! 

Chapter 31

        I marched through the corridor and straight to the headmistress's office.  I didn't even hesitate before I throw the door open making it band against the wall.  I shift my wait to my left foot and folded my arms under my chest while glaring at Headmistress Samantha.

        "What's wrong Dae?" she asks concern from over her laptop.

        I snort, "What's right?" I ask her.  She looks up from her laptop and motions for me to take a seat.  I walked over to the seat with my head high and my eyes in front of me. 

        "What happened?" she asks as she closes her laptop.  Folding her hands on her desk, she looks over at me with a friendly smile.

        "Why is it that most people know more about my future than me?" I ask her.  Her eyebrows go straight up into her hairline.  Obviously, she wasn't getting where I was going.  I cleared my throat, "I want to know the prophecy concerning me," I say with steel in my voice.

        "Oh, I'm terribly sorry Dae, but you can't.  You're not ready," she says making me laugh a little.

        "You're not in charge of me, now are you?  Neither is my grandfather, friends, or the other long lost relatives that I have no clue about," I lean forward a little bit.  "If it's about my future than I have the right to know it," I say angrily.  My hands were squeezing the dark wooden armchair a little too hard so I lessened my grip before something bad happened.

        "I'm sorry Dae, but you have to master your elements before you can read it," she says making me want to hit her.  How am I supposed to find my parents killer if I don't even know what I'm getting into?  In the handbook, all the prophecy says is that good will battle evil on a gloomy day.  All will be lost, or all will be gained.  It doesn't give me many details.

        "I need to know that prophecy," I growl at her.  "It's not like me reading will change anything," I say.  Her eyes look sadly at me.

        "Dae, when one has a prophecy written about them, it can change many things if the person reads it.  He or she might try to change it therefore changing the outcome too, and more than likely it'll be a bad change."  I look up at her with big eyes.  Why can't people just tell me these things! 

        "So, if I master my elements within a month, I will be able to know it, is that what you're saying?" I ask and she slowly nods her head at me.  I look up at her with a wicked smile.