Chapter 29 (contest details inclosed)

.:. Okay, sorry about the delay.  I knew how I wanted this chapter written I just wasn't sure how to put it in words, you know?  This will answer quite a few of your questions.  I just want to say my thanks for all of you guys who actually read this story.  I know I have a lot of errors, but I promise, as soon as I finish this, I'll go back and add a few chapters and smooth things out more.  Okay, on to another business.  I have a little contest for all of you.  I need a title for the sequel (If I get enough comments saying that i should continue) and I need your help.  Post on here your ideas for the next title.  The only requirement is that it has to do with fire such as Uncontrollable Flame (provided by aradia).  I have two titles so far.  Uncontrollable Flame by Aradia and Igniting War by me.  If there is enough suggestions then we will have rounds.  The first round will be the suggestions.  The second round will be 10-20 titles that I like and you guys vote on them.  The third round will have the top three on it and then you guys vote again.   If you win, I will read one of your stories and vote on every single chapter, dedicate the first chapter of the book and a chapter of your choice in the book, and I will add you as a character in either this one or the next one, your pick and if you don't have a story for me to read then you just get all the other ones.  Second place will get a chapter dedicated to them, and a chapter of the next book dedicated to them.  I will also read one of your stories, but I might or might not vote.  Third place winner will a chapter dedicated to them.  Sound good?  Okay, I'll let you read!  Oh the first round will end on January 13th.  The second round will be announced later!  Okay, have fun reading this chapter!  .:.

Chapter 29

        I yanked the rubber band from my hair and undid my braid.  I took some hairspray and sprayed it lightly over the wavy curls.  Somehow, I've managed to bypass Jacklynn this morning, but I'll have to talk to her eventually.  I tugged on my light blue shirt and rubbed off the imaginary dirt from my faded skinny jeans.  I need to ask Jacklynn a question anyways.  We might as well make up in the meantime.  The bathroom door opened wafting sweet smelling steam into the room.  I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath.  I opened my eyes to see Jacklynn smiling timidly at me.

        "Hey Dae," Jacklynn said.  She took the towel from her head and threw into the hamper in the far corner.  I watched as the blue towel sailed through the air and landed perfected in the mesh hamper. 

        "Hi Jacklynn," I greeted back.  I turned my head to the side and scratched the back of my head.  "I'm sorry about overreacting a few days ago," I chuckled softly.  "It was sort of childish of me," I said.  Giving one of my best smiles, "No worries, though, I've decided to act my age, not my shoe size."  I look at Jacklynn's frozen form.  Her red hair limp and wet was her head.  Her green eyes nothing but sad and worried. 

        "No, don't say that," she said after a minute of silence.  She came across the room and gave me a small hug.  I tensed up but after a minute let myself enjoy her hug.  The smell of strawberries coming off her hair reminded me of the time my parents took me to a strawberry patch.  No-I won't think of them right now. 

        I have to admit though, ever since I've came here, their accident doesn't seem much like an accident.  I've always have had dreams that my parents were murdered, but not by an accident.  Now, being here, that idea has grown in my mind.  What was once was a seed is now a full-grown weed wrapping itself around my very awakening.  I can't help but think that it wasn't an accident.  How else would you explain that rock?  The same rock that once the police and medics came, was gone.  It vanished out of thin air.  It was like... magic.  I processed this within a matter of seconds, during which, I was hugging a friend.