Chapter 12

Chapter 12

I slowly sat my body down in the hot water wincing for a second as my cold skin touched the hot water in the tub. As soon as I was fully in, I sighed with relief. I closed my eyes and stuffed a towel between my head and the bathtub using it like a little pillow. I thought about what I did last night with the water. I wonder if I could it again.

I raised my hand above the water and thought of gravity and magnets. The water rose on command and I sighed with happiness. This was just too amazing to be happening. I wonder if I have any other elements. I sighed in frustration thinking about how I'd have to wait a whole other week to find out. The water fell from my hand as my concentration broke.

I decided to wash my hair and body just to get it over with. I stayed just lying in the tub till the water turned cold. I stood up and drained the water. I turned on the shower head and let the water pelt my back in soothing rhythms. I let the soap and my worries wash down the drain. I shut off the water and stepped onto the fuzzy mat there and slipped on a simple robe. I tied it around the waste and went to stand in front of the mirror.

Earlier, I had been afraid of what my reflection might look like. I imagined the worst; stingy brown hair, a pale drawn face, and deep dark bags under my brown eyes. When I looked in the mirror I almost look as bad as my nightmare. My cheeks looked sunken in and I looked extremely tired and worn out. My sickly pale skin contrasted greatly against my wet hair. I sighed and ran the comb through my hair and brushed my teeth.

I stepped out of the shower to the lovely view of Landon sleeping on my unkempt bed. I smiled and walked as quietly as I could over there. I slipped onto the bed barely jostling it. I snuck it between his arms and sighed with relief. I snuggled my head into his shoulder just like I used to do with my dad. On reflex, Landon snuggled right back and I smiled like a little kid in a candy shop. That's what Landon is to me, my candy; my sugar. The only thing that keeps me going during the day is him.

I slowly escaped the messed up world that is now my reality. I fell into a deep sleep with no dreams I could remember. For the first time since the accident, I've felt happy.

My happy world got interrupted when something shifted underneath me. I immediately sat up ready to fight anyone and everyone. I was mad, I hate waking up from such a peaceful sleep.

"I'm sorry that I woke you up but I think that you need to eat. That we need to eat," I immediately calmed down as I saw it was just Landon. I smiled guiltily knowing that I kept him from eating too.

"Where are Jacklynn and the others?" I asked while sliding off the bed and headed towards the closet. I stopped by Culprit's box and set her on the floor. "Can you rip the front part of the box for me please?" I asked him as I searched my closet. It had gotten chillier so I probably should pick something warm, hmm. I grabbed a white lacey long-sleeved t-shirt that hung off of one shoulder, pair of faded blue jeans, and my bright blue, wool pea coat.

I walked over to the bathroom still waiting for an answer. "Everyone else went out for shopping, and sure I'll cut the box for you." I heard the squeak of the bed as he got off.

"Oh crud, I forgot all about shopping. If I hadn't gotten sick..." I said letting the comment drift off. "So why didn't you go?" I asked as I shimmied into my jeans.

"Without you there really wasn't much reason for me wanting to go. Plus, someone needed to stay here to watch over you," he said laughing a little bit.

"Hardy-har-har," I said as I opened up the door and walked back inside the bathroom near the mirror. My hair had naturally dried leaving it wavy. I left it down and put my bangs back and puffed them a little bit to give them something to do. I put on a quick thing of mascara and covered my face in foundation hoping it would erase the signs of me still being ill.

"Ready?" I asked him as I walked by him to pick up a meowing Culprit. I held her to my face and kissed the top of her head as she grunted in disagreement. Laughing, I set her back down in the box. Shee reminded me so much of a real child.

"Sure," Landon said as he helped me into my coat. He grabbed some keys and walked out the door while pulling my hand along.

"So where are we going?" I asked trying to get some casual conversation going.

"Well, since for our first date you were sick and couldn't go we're going to a different place," he said as he stared straight ahead probably so he couldn't see my reaction.

A small smile tugged at my lips. So he really does like me! "Three things, first, when did we ever say that going to the mall was our first date? Second, I'm still sick. Third, I would really like to know where I'm going to on my first date ever." We finally got to a car but I couldn't tell what type it was. What? I'm not a car person. All I can describe it as is black, sleek, and probably fast.

"Three things, first, you said it at dinner last night," Landon said as he tried to mimic my way of stating things. Had that only been last night though? I thought back, ya, it was just night... weird. "Third of all," crap I spaced out for some, "this is my first date too and I'm not going to let you spoil it." I sighed and looked out the window as trees flew by us.

It ended up that we went to a chocolate shop. According to Landon, nothing cures like chocolate! At least that's what he told me. When you first walk into a chocolate shop your nose is bombarded with all different smells; chocolates the strongest though. Landon showed me around and had me try a little bit of everything. By the end of the night, I was tired, full of chocolate and probably gained 5 pounds of pure fat, most of all though, I was happy.

.:. And thus, the romance blooms!! :) Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Hope you're day was wonderful!!! Next upload will be either tomorrow or Saturday (I"m starting to upload more!!) Oh, and could you guys please vote?! THis story hasn't gotten many votes :( Kay PEACE OUT!! .:.
<3
Rachel

Question of the day: Do you think the word "love" is over used?