one

chapter one—

"Jungkook-ah, wake up."

Groaning, the groggy youngest rolled on his stomach, stuffing his face on his pillow. He wasn't ready to start the day. Even though he knew he had to, his body and subconsciousness had other plans. And he was slowly giving in to those plans.

"Seriously, you have to wake up Kook." Jimin sighs under his breath as he patted the maknae's shoulder, an arm under him as he bent down closer to the bed.

Jungkook raised his head from the pillow, eyes still close. His bed hair as messy as a bird's nest, a small line of dried drool from the corner of his lips to the side of his chin. Just a second after raising his head, he drops it down back on the pillow. He didn't want to move. He didn't want to at all.

"Come on Kook, cooperate with me will ya? Namjoonie hyung and Yoongi hyung are out. I'll have to leave with Hobi hyung right now." Jimin says, scratching the back of his head in irritation. He knew how Jungkook gets in waking up in the morning, but that doesn't mean he doesn't get annoyed at the habits that weren't much help with their schedule.

Eventually, Jungkook rolls over on his side, facing the newly bathed Park Jimin. He blinks his eyes opened slowly, smacks his lips a few times, something a baby does when it just woke up. Taking in the surroundings as he looked around in wonder. Something a baby would do. For Jungkook, his mind just wasn't functioning well he had to warm up those gears to actually process what Jimin had said. Not that he didn't hear. One thing is for sure, he had to wake up but he didn't want to.

"-Morning." He mumbles out mindlessly, sitting up.

Jimin exhales in relief and shakes his head at the maknae. "Thank you." he breathes. "Hobi hyung and I will be at the dance hall, if you want to join you can come. Namjoon hyung and Yoongi hyung are out, not sure where though."

Jungkook nods his head, not really getting what the older said. Something about being somewhere and not sure where. Blame the cold evening and the thick covers. It just was Jungkook's type of night to sleep in and the fact he slept at eight o'clock was not even a valid excuse but was still a reason he'd use to back up his well deserved sleep but groggier morning. He wasn't even sure if what he had comprehended in his mind made sense at all.

"What about hyungs...?" His voice trails, not realizing he had left out the names of the brother he was referring to.

Jimin keeps rather quickly. "Taehyung and Jin hyung are... well..." The eldest maknae hums. "They're somewhere."

Slowly coming back to the real world, Jungkook raises his head not directly towards Jimin but was understandable to be meant for facing the smaller. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Where?"

"Somewhere here, maybe there, haven't seen them really. Woke up to Hoseokie hyung in the kitchen and Namjoon hyung and Yoonie hyung leaving." Jimin says, licking his lips. He claps his hand, causing the younger to jump slightly. "Well, I'm leaving. There's sandwiches on the table. I think. Or were they just bread. I think they were just bread – whatever, there's food on the table. Take some rest and don't leave the dorm alone. Adius my dongsaeng."

Jungkook eyes the older's back as he made his way out his room, not commenting on the pronunciation of the foreign word. He didn't know what was right either so why bother.

Staying in place for a few minutes, he finally made a move, swinging his legs to the side of the bed. Standing on his bare feet, he strudded out his room.

Rubbing his eyes from the eye booger he had, fingers falling to the drool, immediately wiping it off with the hem of his shirt, he waddled to the kitchen bar.

Blinking his eyes to adjust to the light from the almost wall-sized windows, he reached his palms towards the marble top of the bar. Standing from the living room side, he hums softly under his breath, leaning on either foot as he took steps to the kitchen side of the bar.

He grabs a bottle of water from the table top, not really thinking while taking sips from the bottle. He saw bread and some jars of jam and peanut butter beside the bowl. Little grains from what he assumed was the bread scattered the surface here and there.

Still not really coming to reality, he went with what his body told him to do. Opening the jar of strawberry jam – where it came from, he doubts he remembers nor does he know how they had it – and placing the lid on the table top. He stops and looks around, out of his mind.

Where did they put the baby knives?

That's what they called the safe knives. The knived they'd use for cutting things like bread or pastries, especially for spreads. Basically, knives that were safe enough for Jungkook to use.

He had to sigh.

Jungkoon turned around and walked around the counter, in search of a baby – let's call it what normal people calls it – a butter knife. Until his eyes landed on a shjning utensil at the edge of the sink, just barely on the counter.

Clearly not really thinking, he took the knife and walked back to the bar, eyes half closed.

If any of his hyungs was there, they'd be going mad when they see him holding a knife – whether it was safe or not – with his eyes barely open.

He stops just in front of the bar, he looks down at the kitchenware he held. He saw stains of red at the edge, making his eyebrows furrow.

He should've rinsed it first.

"Aish." Jungkook groaned. He shrugged and tilted his head. Must be jam.

Scooping up a chunk of strawberry jam, dropping them on a slice of bread, and of course not bothering to out another slice or folding it, he took a bite.

Immediately, coming from Mars, he knew he was back on the right planet.

He hummed, pursing his lips. Strawberry jam was good.

"Morning."

"Fucking piece of shit–!"

Jungkook coughed, his arm going up to his mouth by instinct. He looked to his left, bending slightly as what he swallowed nearly fell off the wrong pipe. How he was able to say that long phrase filled with curse. Instinct.

"Yah, are you okay?" The deep voice that greeted him asked, footsteps walking towards him.

Jungkook stands up, small droplets of tears rolling the side of his cheeks from coughing. His eyes met with his youngest hyung's.

"Did you have to sneak up to me like that?" He asked, drinking from the bottle a while ago.

Taehyung lifts his hands up in defense, "Not my fault you were out of this world." he says. Without warning, he leans towards Jungkook and takes a bite from the slice the youngest still held. "Thanks."

Jungkoom rolled his eyes but let it be. "Where have you been?"

"Was in the bathroom. You just woke up right?" Taehyung says between chewing. Jungkoom huns and nods.

"And Jin hyung?" He asks the older.

Taehyung pouts. "PD-nim called for him, not sure for the reason though and why this early."

Jungkook questions for a second, but hums in wonder. They'd know soon anyways. It wasn't like it'd be bad.

—end of chapter one