eight

chapter eight—

Yoongi was stupid. A "what-the-fuck-was-I-thinking" kind of stupid. A "welp-I'm-fucked-up" kind of stupid. A "oof-it's-one-in-the-afternoon-and-I-missed-lunch" kind of stupid.

You can't blame him though.

He was just working with a possibly next piece for their next comeback, besides the one they are working on currently. It was going so well and it was rare to  produce a song that sounded good at the start. So who the hell was he to break the flow of his work?

Okay, maybe he was the one to blame.

"Yoongi-ssi, you don't look okay," the said male looked up for a second at the make up artist who eyed him.

Yoongi sighed, waving a hand in air. "Nothing to worry about, 'm just tired."

The staff sighed, "If you just weren't always sleeping, you wouldn't have skipped lunch."

Yoongi peeled his eyes open, looking at the hair stylist behind him through the mirror.

Bitch I was making you your month's salary. He scowled for a second before closing his eyes again. Releasing a sigh, he let the staff do her job.

He needed to rest his eyes and mind. Perhaps his entire body if he hadn't been keeping his head upright for the staff. He kept his focus on how he was breathing, the only thing that seemed to be working fine with his stomach's nonstop rumbling and heart's rapid beating.

"Do you want a bar, Jungkook-ssi?"

Yoongi perked a bit, blinking his eyes open. He stared at the mirror and through their reflection, watched the scene unfold. A young staff member, telling from what he was wearing, he was an intern, standing across the maknae who sat on a couch. Yoongi saw the Snickers bar that was outstretched towarfs the younger, those eyes that ghosted temptation and eagerness to just snatch the treat from the intern's palms.

Jungkook shook his head no, "No, I'm alright." He said, sending the staff member a kind yet forced smile.

Yoongi saw the intern tilt his head in confusion. "Are you sure, sir? Not to offend you, but you looked at it as if you hadn't eaten."

The oldest rapper had to bite his lower lip to keep his butt grounded on the chair. He understood the intern's concern but he just really really wanted him to leave Jungkook alone.

He watched Jungkook smile shyly. "I'm currently on a diet so I don't think I can eat that even if I was hungry." He heard him say, scratching the back of his head. He watched the youngest bow his head. "Thank you for the kind offer though. I appreciate it."

Yoongi eyed the intern leave and how Jungkook slumped on his seat. It gave him a frown to his face. Their maknae was young and growing. It started to be noticeable when his arms started getting less muscles and how his jawline just didn't wasn't the type of sharp with meat but was the thin type of sharp jaws. Almost just bones but not enough to look malnourished.

His sympathy for the youngest snapped gone when he felt a pat on the back of head.

"You're good to go, Yoongi-ssi."

Yoongi abruptly stood up, immediately regretting it. Black dots danced in his vision, his hand holding on to the arm rest of the chair. He felt his head and face get hot, suspecting it to be just the blood flow.

"Yoongi-ssi? Are you okay?"

Not being able to answer, the make up artists furrowed her eyebrows. "What's the matter–?"

Yoongi waved her off, taking slow steps towards the couches. Not meaning to come out as rude but he just couldn't bring himself to speak at all. He didn't even think he was capable of opening his mouth at the moment.

His eyelids hooded his eyes, keeping them down on the floor as he fell on a couch with a thud.

"You okay hyung?"

Yoongi pursed his lips at the sound of Jungkook's voice. He realized that just after he stood from the front of the mirror, his head started hurting. He restrained himself from pinching the bridge of his nose, not wanting to give away the thought of him having a head ache at times like this.

"Yeah, just tired." Was all that Yoongi can muster. He closed his eyes, leaning his back on the couch's arm rest. He groaned just as his stomach rumbled.

He heard Jungkook sigh. "You didn't eat during lunch, I remember now."

Yoongi sighed at the same time, "Let me be, Jungkook-ah."

And Jungkook just did that.

And before he knew it, it was their turn to perform on stage.

The familiar feeling of being uncomfortable and scared of any mistakes sank in his empty stomach. The thought of performing in front of idols and making a mistake would settle well. But it was normal, he knew how to deal with it.

Unfortunately, his, what he concluded to be a migraine, didnt allow him to deal with it.

And then Yoongi knew: toxic thought, a migraine and an empty stomach don't go well together.

They were going up to perform when he felt a hand slip under his armpit.

He turned to his right and saw the eldest, looking straight forward and not at him, hand still under his armpit, the opposite side feeling heavy.

"What's up–?"

"You were leaning to this side too much you didn't realize you were about to fall."

Yoongi stopped walking after hearing Seokjin's tone. Why did he sound mad?

"I'm just tired hyung, don't worry about it." Yoongi said, taking Seokjin's hand out of his arm.

Seokjin crossed his arms. "And yet you hadn't eaten for more than twenty four hours. You really expect me to let you go that easily?"

"We don't have time hyung. It'll only be for a few minutes anyway, so what's the matter?" Yoongi scowled, slowly getting irritated.

"In a few minutes, a lot can happen. The next thing younknow you're on the floor." the older pointed out, causing Yoongi to groan.

"Fine, what do you suggest to do then?"

"Sit you out."

Yoongi huffed bitterly. "Nope, not gonna happen." He said. "Over my dead body."

"It will be when you still perform."

It sounded wrong and weird for the statement to come out of the eldest's lips. But, of course, Yoongi didn't give importance to it.

They were just performing Idol when Yoongi felt his arms just start flailing everywhere whenever he tried hitting the beat. He was always a few beats slower, his eyss blinking faster that how he rapped his parts.

Who knew from closing and opening his eyes too fast, he didn't realize his eyes were no longer opening.

—end of chapter eight

i know it's been a while but don't worry. i'm not abandoning this book :)). AND WE GOT A HUNDRED FOLLOWERS WOOP. i love you all uwuwu