seven

chapter seven—

"Hoseok please–"

"Hyung. I'm alright."

Sejin sighed, running a hand down his face. He had the other on his hip, his eyes stuck to the stubborn younger who stood in the middle of the room, in front of the mirror.

"Hoseok, you've been in here for twelve hours since lunch. You need to go and get rest." Their manager said, concern laced in his eyes, helplessly looking at the dancer.

"I'm almost done, hyung. You go ahead." Hoseok says. Wiping the sweat at his brow.

Sejin sighed. Five years of taking care of the group is enough to know that Hoseok won't be getting sleep soon. And five years is enough to know what to do to get them to rest.

"Fine, if you're leaving soon anyways, I'll wait for you."

Hoseok looks at his manager take a seat, getting comfortable. "That's not necessary, hyung. I'm sure you're tired."

"Nah, I'm good. I'll wait for you 'til you get tired." Sejin says straightforwardly, pulling out his phone as an act of 'I'm not leaving anytime soon'.

"But–"

"Besides, you won't have a drive and it's pass midnight. No public transportation. And with your current status with the public, I'm not allowing you to walk home." Sejin reasoned.

Hoseok was about to retort when Sejin beat him to it. "And, if you dare insist on leaving you here, you will have to — as what you youngers say — fite me."

Hoseok had to choke a chuckle before sighing in frustration. Why can't Sejin just leave him be?

"Because I won't be woken up by a frantic staff member, five in the morning, reporting on finding you unconscious on the floor." The older huffs, giving Hoseok a look.

Hoseok stays silent for a few seconds before sighing. "Fine, let's go."

Sejin smirks in triumph. "I'm glad you decide to actually think like an actual mature man."

They trudged and made their way out the building. Before Hoseok knew it, he was settled beside Sejin in his car on the passenger's seat.

Sejin starts driving, they silently sat there, satisfied with comfortable silence. Hoseok stares out the window.

"I don't like it."

Hoseok turns to Sejin who kept his eyes straight on the road. "Huh?"

Sejin sighed. "The diet."

Hoseok blinks. "Oh."

"It's ridiculous, honestly. I don't like seeing you seven share seven bowls of rice and a bunch of side dishes. And the fact you had six hours for dance practice." Sejin says in a tone Hoseok was familiar with. A tone his own dad used to use whenever he shares his thoughts on the recent news or gossips he heard, giving out his own opinion that Hoseok always thought could save the world if only his father would become president.

Sejin then pulls up, stopping in front of their dorm. "I'll try my best to talk with our boss. He atleast can make decisions since our staff clearly can't."

Hoseok just gives a small smile at Sejin's statement, clearly seeing the older's concern and worry for their well-being.

"Thanks hyung." Hoseok says, giving their manager a genuine smile. He bows his head before stepping out. "Good night hyung, drive safely!"

Sejin smiles back, waving at the sunshine under the moonlight. Hoseok pushes the door close and turns around to their dorm, knowing their managers won't leave until they make sure they're inside their dorm.