four

every word counts

chapter four—

Seokjin eyed their leader who sat across him.

"Isn't this a bit too much?" Hoseok says, looking down at his bowl of rice, side dishes, a plate of vegetables and a small platter of sweet potatoes. It sounded a lot but they knew it wasn't enough for half the members, considering their rather huge appetites.

"Are they serious? One meal a day is all that their going to allow us to have? Isn't eight hours of practice enough?" Taehyung asks, looking down observing what little food they had.

"They're starving us, aren't they?" Jimin utters out, a hand under his chin as he tried to meet eyes, only to meet those of the eldest's.

Namjoon sighs. "It's not like we had a choice in the first place. What ever they decide, it must be the best for the group." He breaks it. "No matter how bad this sounds all in all, we can't do anythhing about it. No matter how much we don't want this, we have to do it."

Silence spreads over the table. They hated that what Namjoon had said made sense and was true.

The silence was broken by Seokjin who had given thanks for the food before slowly grabbing small portions of side dishes to his bowl. Soon, the other members started doing the same, with only the clicking of chopsticks and occasional lip smacks.

Their meal ended after a few minutes and before they knew if they had any food left. It was rather little, they didn't realize it's gone after a blink of an eye.

Satisfied with what they had, they resumed the photo shoot, the mutual bitter feeling still lingering in their stomachs.

Seokjin pursed his lips. He looked around and saw long and annoyed faces. All he could do was muster a smile. "Yah, let's get going. The sooner this ends the earlier we go home." He cheers them.

Fortunately, a few sent smiles back but the others didn't bother looking up. Seokjin frowns but he couldn't blame. He felt the same way when he knew the news. The rap line seemingly having the same thoughts as Seokjin had when he first heard of the diet.

He had to show the agency what they are doing is wrong. But with those faces, heads tilted down, hooded eyes, slow movements, and chapped lips, he was scared if this continues any longer, not only would they have their slow movements go slower but their movements would stop, tilted heads on hospital beds, hooded eyes would be sunken and chapped lips would lose its color. He couldn't imagine what'd happen if it were to come true.

"Seokjin-ah, it's your turn."

Seokjin raises his head with his name called. The corner of his lips lifts involuntarily before he makes his way towards the staff member.

He wasn't going to wait for it to get worse. But how was he going to make it better?

—end of chapter four
20190726
i know it's short. but for me it's better for it to be short than nothing at all. i'm sorry for the delays agh.