three

chapter three-

Jungkook trudged to the living room, hair laying on his head, sticking in different directions. Rubbing his eyes and smacking his lips, he exhaled a satisfied sigh.

"You're up early," Jungkook heard as he stepped out the hallway to the opening of the living room. He looked up, eyes half open, blinking repeatedly. He sees Seokjin standing in his paired pajamas behind the kicthen bar, purple hair sitting messily, a glass of water sitting on the table top. "It's what..." His voice trails and he turns to the digital clock at the living room. "Five? What are you doing out of bed this early?"

Jungkook hummed as he walked towards the older. "I don't know. I got hungry I guess, but turns out I just want a drink." He chuckles shyly, rubbing the back of his neck.

Seokjin pursed his lips in a tight smile before letting out a soft chuckle. He shook his head and reached to ruffle the maknae's bed hair. "Food, I can't give. But water I can." He says in a cheery manner. As cheery as it can sound.

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows unconsciously but walks forward, across the older. He reaches for the glass half filled with water and brought it to his lips before taking a huge gulp. Just when the liquid lands on his tongue, then did he realize how thirstier he was than he had expected.

Finishing the glass in a blink of an eye, he lowers the glass to the bar top and wipes his lips in satisfaction. He sits on the bar seats, eyes closed involuntarily.

"How about you, hyung? Why are you awake?" Jungkook asks unconsciously, blinking sleepily.

Seokjin chuckles at the younger's actions. "Woke up and couldn't sleep anymore. Decided to get my lazy bum up and do something productive."

"By productive you mean standing in the kitchen for who knows how long?"

"Atleast I was out of bed." Seokjim defends himself, crossing his arms and puffing his chest out cutely, a pout shaping his lips.

Jungkook chuckles, now slowly grounding himself to the real world and out of his sleepy state.

"Besides," Seokjin says, pouring himself a cup of water. "we've got plans later. Better to be earlier than early."

The younger vocalist hums, "This is too early for my taste." he utters.

"You're free to sleep child." The elder casually sips at the rim of the glass, eyes still at the maknae in front of him.

The younger hums again. "Nah, I'm fine here."

"Do what ever you want." Seokjin says.

They stay silent after that. Comfortable silence covering the eldest and the youngest like a soft blanket. It was comforting. The silence seemed to be enough for the two. No small talks, no random talks, just the quiet morning and occasional finger taps and sliding of cups.

"I'm hungry and in need of food."

The two heads turn to the raspy voice they knew that belonged to Yoongi. People would think it's a shock for the rapper to wake up early but it really isn't. He isn't a sleepy head others call him. He just enjoyed sleep. It never meant he slept all the time.

"Good morning to you too, hyung." Jungkook uttered, looking at Seokjin who gave a sly smile and shook his head towards the youngest. Seokjin tilted his head to Yoongi and Jungkook.

"Yah, wake up the others and tell them to get ready." He says.

Yoongi raises his eyebrows, eyelids still hovering over his eyes. "Now?"

"Now."

Without any more questions, Yoongi turns and headed back to the hallway of rooms.

Jungkook turns his head to Seokjin, looking at him questioningly. "Where'll we catch breakfast?"

Seokjin looks down, pursing his lips. They could have not figured it from his lips, not at all. However, at this situation, he didn't know if he'd make the right decision. Must he tell or not?

Nothing hurts more than a look from the others. A look of disappointment and understanding. Understanding of something so cruel. What's worse was that they knew they had no choice but to accept it no matter how much it could affect their well being. It was their fault after all. They signed up for this.

"They said to skip breakfast since there's food at the venue. Is it alright?" Seokjin said. It wasn't fully wrong though. There was food. But it wasn't for them.

Jungkook widened his lips. "I guess it's alright."

Seokjin returned the smile, struggling. Who wouldn't have a hard time smiling when the smile he sees right now will soon appear less and less?

He still wanted to see those smiles. But he didn't know how.

—end of chapter three
20190726