sixteen; movie night

➿

Bianca could feel herself get more nervous as she unlocked her front door and invited Tom in. It hadn’t dawn to her that they would be alone in the house until she remembered where they just came from. So when she had closed the front door and turned to face Tom, she took in a deep breath before she walked over to him, “We could order the pizza and hangout in the kitchen for a bit before putting on a movie”.

Walking into her kitchen, Bianca and Tom took a seat by the table as she took out her phone. Dialing the nearest pizzeria, Bianca ordered them food before she hung up and placed her phone down on the table.

Staying in a comfortable silence, Bianca and Tom stared at each other before they began chuckling softly, “So tell me Tom, what have you been up to these past years?”.

“Well I’ve been studying in the medical field and I have a job at a restaurant as a waiter. I really haven’t done anything else but stuck to my studies and work”.

“What about your love life?”, Bianca looked between her hands and Tom, she had been waiting to ask him that since she’s seen him with Jess.

A soft laugh left his lips as he shook his head, “Believe it or not, I haven’t really seen anyone since you’ve left”.

Bianca ignored the heat she felt forming on her cheeks as she looked at him, “What about Jess?”.

A small smirk formed on his lips as he leaned back against the chair, “Jess is just a friend from work plus trust me I’m not her type”.

“How would you know that?”

“Well for one she’s into girls and two she usually invites to go out with her to clubs so if any men try something I’m there to make sure it doesn’t happen”.

Bianca felt a sense of relief as he confirmed nothing was going on between Jess and him, “That's good, you know what you do for her”.

Tom simply gave her a smirk as he leaned his body towards her, “You thought something was going on between Jess and I?”

“I..well..no”

He kept leaning his body towards her making her swallow the lump in her throat as she began to feel butterflies form in the pit of her stomach. Her eyes were focused on his eyes and every once in a while they would drift to his lips, “Were you jealous?”.

Bianca felt her mouth go dry as she was about to reply when they loud noise of her phone ring made her jump. Her cheeks were as red as a tomato as she watched Tom leaned back against the chair. Checking her phone, she looked up to Tom and gave him a small smile, “The pizza will be here soon”.

This was definitely going to be a night of surprises.

************************************

Bianca thanked the delivery man as she grabbed her change and the pizzas before closing the door behind her. Walking over to the kitchen where Tom was serving them drinks, she placed the pizzas on the table before she walked over to her cabinets.

Grabbing two plates, she turned to face Tom and handed him one before she walked back to the table. Grabbing two slices of pizza and her drink, Bianca made her way into the living room, “What movie do you want to watch?”.

Bianca glanced over to Tom to see him place his plate and cup on the small table in the middle of the living room, “We could watch whatever you want, I really don’t have a preference”.

Placing down her food, she grabbed the t.v. remote and turned it on. Opening the netflix account, Bianca began to go through the movies until she clicked on Me Before You.

Putting down the control, she picked up her plate before she took a seat next to Tom. She gave him a quick glance before she put her focus on the movie and began to eat her food.

As the movie began to play, Bianca could feel Tom’s constant gaze on her. She tried her best to ignore the glances he would give her and keep her eyes on the t.v. screen in front of her. She tried her best to ignore how fast her heart was beating and the butterflies she felt at the pit of her stomach.

Midway through the movie, Bianca had paused it as they finished eating and decided to clean up real quick before getting back to the movie. As Tom picked up their plates and took them to the kitchen, Bianca helped him by putting away the extra pizza before she turned to face him, “Do you want me to grab a blanket or something”.

Tom gave her a small nod in which she returned before she left the room and made her way up to her room. Walking into her bedroom she grabbed her thin grey blanket and took a deep breath to calm herself before she went back downstairs.

As Bianca walked into the living room, she noticed how the lights had been turned off and the only light that illuminated the room was from the t.v. Taking a deep breath she made her way over to Tom and took a seat next to him. Draping the blanket over their legs, she pressed play to the movie and leaned back against the couch.

Bianca felt her heartbeat raise as she felt Tom’s arm wrap around her shoulder and leaned her body against his. She felt herself relax as she cuddled into his side and wrapped her arm around his waist.

Tom felt her let out a sigh before she glanced up to him. He could see her cheeks were slightly reddened and that caused a smile to form on his lips. He could feel her lean up slightly, her eyes were drifting from his to his lips.

Bianca didn’t know where the sudden confidence came from as she kept leaning upwards until their lips were almost touching. Her eyes stayed on him as she watched him look at her lips.

She felt his lips brush against hers until a soft delicate kiss was placed at the edge of her lips. Bianca closed her eyes as she embraced the feeling of his touch. She felt a smile form on her lips as he pulled away and leaned his head on hers.

She laid her head on his chest as she moved her gaze back to the t.v.

This is what being at home feels like.

➿