twenty-two; sweet moments

A/N: okay guys just two more chapters left!

“Sunshine Tom is here!”

Bianca stood in front of her mirror and gave her outfit a glance before she gave herself a nod in approval. She was wearing a yellow long sleeve shirt with small white flowers and a denim skirt. 

She had tried her best to find an outfit that would be cute, comfortable and appropriate to wear today. Bianca and Tom had planned on hanging out and going to visit her mother.

Ever since they became a thing again, which was just a week ago, Bianca and him had tried to find every way possible to see each other. With Tom working and going to school, they had to make every free day they had count.

Grabbing her phone and car keys, Bianca left her bedroom and made her way downstairs to see her father speaking with Tom. Once his gaze landed on her, a smile formed on his lips as she walked over to him, “Good Morning princess”.

Bianca gave him a small kiss on the edge of his lips before she turned to her father, “I’ll be home before dinner pops”.

Tony gave his daughter a nod before he watched her walk out of the house. Walking over to the kitchen, he found Marie cutting up fruit. With slow steps, he made his way over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist before he rested his chin on her shoulder, “You know, we have the house all to ourselves”.

Marie chuckled softly as she felt Tony place a kiss on her neck. She finished up cutting a watermelon piece before she placed down the knife and turned to face him, “We’ve done enough of that when we were away. Now why don’t you help me finish cutting this fruit up while I make us some lemonade”.

Tony pouted making Marie rolled her eyes as she leaned forward and pressed a kiss on his lips, “Come on old man, get that knife work started”.

 ***********************************

Bianca had her gaze on the road ahead of her as she drove them to the cemetery. Tom’s hand rested on top of hers while they both stayed in a comfortable silence. 

She had been wanting to visit her mother but she never really found the time. But as she sat in the driver seat with Tom beside her, Bianca felt like she was visiting her at the right moment.

It was something she had been thinking about for the past days ever since they got back together. Bianca wanted to introduce Tom to her mother, she wanted to let her know that this was the man her heart had chosen.

Bianca had turned the corner of the street and began to slow down when she saw the familiar flower shop. Parking the car outside the shop, she unbuckled herself before she turned to Tom, “I’m just going to grab some flowers, I’ll be back in a minute”.

Opening the car door, Bianca stepped out and walked around the car before she spotted an old woman, “Excuse me, can I get a small bouquet of roses please?”.

The old woman looked up and smiled at Bianca, “Of course. Come on in and we’ll get that sorted out for you”.

Bianca gave her a smile as she walked into the flower shop and stood near the door. A moment later she watched the woman walk out with a small bouquet of white roses, “I’m sorry if I ask but are you Hailey’s daughter?”.

She stared at the woman with a surprised expression before she nodded slowly. The old woman handed her the roses with a sad smile on her face, “She was a good woman, I knew her since she was a teenager. That young girl was really something else, you look just like her”.

Bianca handed the woman a twenty dollar bill before she thanked her and walked out of the shop. Getting into the driver seat, Bianca handed Tom the bouquet before she put on her seatbelt.

“You okay princess?”

She glanced over to Tom and gave him a nod as she started the car, “She just knew my mother and said I look like her”. 

************************************

Pulling into the parking lot of the cemetery, Bianca was quick to find them a parking lot. Turning off the car, she unbuckled herself and grabbed the keys of the car before she got off. Walking around the car, she intertwined her hand with Tom’s and began to lead him inside.

As the familiar gravestone came into view, Bianca slowed down her steps before she grabbed the bouquet of roses from Tom. Slowly, Bianca made her way over until she stood in front of the grave, “Hey mommy”.

Leaning down, she placed down the bouquet of roses before she took a seat on the ground. Trying her best to ignore the weird feeling of grass on her bare legs, she turned her head to look at Tom and motioned for him to sit next to her.

Removing her gaze from Tom, Bianca looked back to her mother's grave and waited until Tom took a seat, “You know, there’s times where I wished she would have never comes back into our lives”.

Tom stayed quiet as he glanced over to see Bianca with sadness in her eyes, “I just...it makes me so sad and angry to think she came back just because she was dying. God there was so many times where I wished she would have just come back because she missed me. But I know that it was difficult for her and I’m just glad I got to see her before she left again”.

Sensing her sadness, Tom reached over to grab her hand and gave it a small squeeze. Bianca turned to look at Tom with a smile before she looked back to the gravestone, “Hey mommy, I know that I haven’t visited you since I came back from New York but I brought someone I want you to meet”.

Looking over to Tom, Bianca gave him a smile as he kept her gaze on him for a moment before she turned her head to look down to the grave, “Mom, this is Tom, my boyfriend”.

Bianca felt her cheeks heat up from saying that aloud. She glanced over to Tom to see him smiling at her with a soft look before he glanced down to her mother’s grave. She kept her gaze on him as he began to introduce and talk with her mother.

The smile on her lips grew as she stared at him and realized that he was the one.

Even after all these years, Tom was still the one.

He’s my home. 

➿