Chapter 22 : Finale

The shelters that were supposed to protect the people within turned to complete chaos .

The stranger called on more of his men , and everyone was fighting . You borrowed the unconscious guard's sword and managed to protect yourself .

But you were more worried about the children hiding back in their mother's embrace .

So you kept on peering behind your shoulder every now and then . You weren't that good at handling a heavy sword like the one you were holding .

Yet , you were just alright , slashing it in front of you to keep the men away from you .

A woman screamed behind you and you fully turned and saw one of the men attacking her .

"Hey!" You yelled to draw his attention to you , then darted at him with your sword . He dodged and a sluggish combat between you and him started .

He was growing more and more angry from you , and he have had enough . He grabbed one of the children and pressed his blade to his throat "throw the sword"

You froze in your place and looked at the frightened child . You hesitated but when he pressed the blade you quickly let the sword fall to the ground .

You looked at his wailing mother and felt your heart clench . You raised your hands like you were calming a mad dog .

"Let him go , please" you said , swallowing thickly . The man eyed you for a minute then slowly placed the boy down .

Once the boy was out of reach , you kicked him in the balls and slammed onto him , falling with him to the ground , forgetting the blade in his hand .

You groaned in pain when it entered your stomach's flesh . The man was still howling in pain from your kick to notice .

So you pushed yourself off him and collapsed on the ground , looking down at the blade .

You breathed out harshly and immediately regretted it , it was too deep , and it was bleeding thickly .

You had to pull it out but you were afraid , it already hurt so much .

You looked behind , everyone was retreating . Guards pushed into the small shelter and the men that were attacking were getting captured or running away .

You sucked in a sharp breath and held it , your shaking hand holding the blade . You closed your eyes and pulled it out .

You gasped so harsh you felt it tear your throat apart . Your breath was uneven from the flooding pain in your wound .

The man in front of you ran away once he saw the guards , everyone cheered in the shelter , the city was once again safe , as the guards announced to you .

You pulled your body up , covering your stomach with your arm to hide your injury and Inko rushed to you "Y/N! Are you alright?"

"Y-yeah..I-I'm going to look for Katsuki , will you be okay on your own?" You asked and pressed your hand on your wound to stop the bleeding , Inko hadn't noticed yet .

"Let us rest first then-" you shook your head "I need to" you wanted to add 'I think I'm fading away' but you couldn't .

You pushed forward , stumbling as you exited the shelter . You looked around , these bastards shattered some houses and shops .

You gritted your teeth and began walking , breathing heavily . You looked around and pushed between the guards and men .

There you saw him , lifting his sword with his back to you . As you went closer , you could hear him cursing at Kirishima , who was laughing .

Kirishima was the first to see you and his laughter died in his throat "Y/N" he whispered , no , he called a little loud but the voices were so far that it sounded like a whisper .

At that , Katsuki turned urgently and he saw you . You only needed three steps to reach him but your legs gave in right away .

He spent no time and ran to catch you in his arms . You held on for dear life and he looked at your bloody hand before looking at your wound .

His eyes widened and he looked at your face with horror while yelling "medic!! We need help here! For fuck sake!!"

You hissed when he pressed his hand on your wound , your tears rolling down your cheeks "Katsuki , are you okay?"

His worried face changed to anger in a heartbeat "are you fucking kidding me? Look at yourself! You're the one injured and you're worried about me?"

You chuckled at his rage but groaned at the pain from your stomach , you glanced as everyone surrounded you and bit your lips .

You felt yourself slip away , so you held on Katsuki's arms tightly and finally cried "p-please don't leave me"

Katsuki's arms were tight around you "Y/N?" You took in a sharp breath "I'm going away , I can feel it . So please hold on to me!"

Katsuki was terrified , you could see it in his crimson eyes . You pulled him close and he hugged you close "no , no , you're not leaving . Y/N , stay with me , are you hearing?"

You ignored the pain and hugged him as tight . Help was finally here , but it was too late , Katsuki wouldn't let you go .

You couldn't hold back closing your eyes as you breathed out at last .

The next time you opened your eyes , you breathed in harshly and loudly . As if you had just got your head out of water .

You looked around , and then you wished you never breathed in the first place .

You cried , and cried , and cried . You were back in your room again , book in your lap opened on a page with two words only .

'The End'

— — — — —

I AM SORRY , I KNOW , CURSE AT ME ALL YOU WANT I KNOW . YOU WILL GET UR HAPPY ENDING JUST WAIT IN THE EPILOGUE!!
But I repeat : There is an epilogue , There Is an Epilogue , THERE IS AN EPILOGUE .
It'll be up soon and the Epilogue is the real 'ending' here so please wait for it and don't get mad at this 'almost final chapter'
See you in a couple of days , hopefully . And as always , thank you for supporting The Other Side . I hope you enjoy this chapter and enjoy the soon to come epilogue .