Me, my baby.. And the wolf Chapter 13

Hiya again, Im very into this story and cant sleep. So gonna upload another chapter hehe. Hope you like it.

Let me know how you like it pweese. I havent had any comments yet, and really want any constructive critism cos ive never written a story like this before. xx

Chapter 13

Open My Eyes

Samara POV

All I know right now is that I'm laid down, and I can no longer smell blood, so I guess thats a good thing, right?

I can hear voices, but I cant seem to open my eyes to see whoever it is near me, I cant move my limbs, and everything aches and throbs. I am in pain, but I cant seem to voice it. As though Im in a coma or something. It feels so odd.

"Why isnt she waking?" A concerned pained voice asks.

"Don't worry Alpha, Samara suffered a great deal and her body needs to recover. We have given her a high dose of pain medication, so she will be out for a while. Just be patient and stay with her. Talk to her. She might be able to hear."

Well durr, I can. 

I hear a sigh, and a smooth warm hand takes mine and squeezes it gently. It feels nice.

Sparks run through my body from the hand touching mine. Hmmm.. Its nice. Addictive.

"What if she shifted? Would she heal better if we could make her shift?"

I know that voice, damn it why is my head so clouded? I cant think straight! 

"She surely would, yes, but as we already know, Samara hasnt shifted yet, so it would take a very monumental event for her to shift like that. Just give her time." A calm knowledgeable voice states.

I then hear a squeak and a click, it sounds like a door shutting. Though I cant be sure. If only I could open my eyes.

"Baby, wake up for me. I just need to see your eyes. I miss you. I love you." 

My heart thumps, he- he- he what? He loves me? Shit, wait, It's Christian! 

It's Christian and he loves me! Oh my! Holy-

"Baby. Mara. Please. Can you hear me? Can you squeeze my hand? Just let me know youre ok. Somehow." Christian begs, his voice laced with pain and anguish.

Oh baby.. He does love me. Why was I so stupid as do avoid him? But why was he keeping stuff from me? What was he keeping from me? Who were those men? And why were they hurting me for so long? Why did they want to hurt me? Was it to do with Christian?

"Ok.." Christian sighs, "Baby, I'm so sorry you had to suffer because of me. Those men.. they were rogues. I dont know if you can actually hear me, but I have to get this off my chest. Those men, the rogues.. they were hurting you to get to me. They want to take down the pack. And the way to the alpha, is through his mate. If I lost you, I would go insane and then die. They know that, and were using it against me. Baby, I'm so sorry. This is all my fault. I shouldve protected you. I was naive to think because I hadnt marked or mated you, they wouldnt come after you. Im so fucking stupid. I wouldnt be surprised if you left me after this.. I put you through so much. And I hardly know you."

Christian had just laid his soul bare, told me everything I wanted to know.. And yet I dont want to leave him. It hurts to even imagine my life without him, now knowing he does love me. He is my mate. And I love him. 

I force myself to move, I dont know how I manage it, but I squeeze the hand that is in mine.

"Mara?" Christian gasps, "Baby! I'm here,"